7mm Sherman Short Mag

Tjfarmer

Farmer Guy
Feb 15, 2017
Illinois
I figured with the shoulder getting pushed back on the s.s. it wouldn’t chamber to be able to fireform the ADG brass? Maybe I’m misunderstanding ya is all.

Feb 13, 2017
Colorado
www.bambooflyrods.com
In my talks with Rich, they are making his brass on the same run as the SAUM but they are pushing the shoulders back so that it can chamber in the SS. It will look identical to brass you would otherwise resize in a shortened SAUM die and you won't have to turn the neck to remove the doughnut. Basically, buy it, shoot it to fireform and you have SS headstamped brass.

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Oct 15, 2009
Mississippi
You might want to call Chad on this. I got a email back from him, maybe I misunderstood his email, saying he does not do rented reamers, yet he has done a few 6.5ss in the past.
I got a guy doing a 7ss, guess I’ll wait for reamers to become avail or find a place to do a prefit for my target savage action. Maybe I’ll try diamond t rifles from the post above and get a gauge to install it from rich for the 6.5ss
Idk then. I just saw one from LRI in that thread. I think I’m going to go local this time with David Gray at Deep South Tactical. I’ve already talked to him and he said he do it. Buddy of mine uses him and swears by him. I know the guns he has from him are hammers. And he’s chambered plenty of proof barrels before. They built a rifle for Timney at SHOT this year.

Tjfarmer

Farmer Guy
Feb 15, 2017
Illinois
In my talks with Rich, they are making his brass on the same run as the SAUM but they are pushing the shoulders back so that it can chamber in the SS. It will look identical to brass you would otherwise resize in a shortened SAUM die and you won't have to turn the neck to remove the doughnut. Basically, buy it, shoot it to fireform and you have SS headstamped brass.
Ok, now that’s what he told me, just didn’t sound right.

ShermanR

New Hide Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hi guys, rich sherman here I don't know how often I can get on here but will try to check in occasionally. Things have gotten crazy with the Sherman Cats and I only have so much social media time. The head stamped brass becoming available has kind of opened the floodgates! Anyway; I thought I might clear up a few questions.
The long action SHERMAN design is based on the 270W case and is chambered in 6.5, 270, 280, 300, 338, and a guy is getting ready to put a 35 together. Ballistics in each is very comparable to the factory versions of the WM.
THE SS line is chambered in 6.5 thru 338 and are the ballistic equivalent of the long action Shermans with 4 grains less capacity and all under 3" coal.
The SST is basically a SS with a 30 degree shoulder and shorter throat (Sherman Short Tactical). It was designed for PRS and I run the 147 ELDM @ 3107 with a 2.770" coal.
There will soon be a 6mm version that should push the 115 DTAC or Berger near 3500!
I am currently prepping Norma Saum brass for the ss and sst which is ready to fire form with bullets. The sst can run full loads and the SS should be reduced 7 or 8 percent because the shoulder needs blown out along with body taper. We are getting double digit loading. ADG head stamped brass will be available this summer for the ss and sst in 6.5 and 7 mm. They can be easily necked up or down to other bore sizes as all the bodies are the same. I will be taking pre orders soon when I get the website up. Probably @ shermanwildcatcartridges.com. I have to order a years run of brass, so it would be wise to pre order if you are interested!
You can also catch me on long range hunting online magazine forum or face book @ Rich Sherman/ wildcat cartridge page.

Attachments

Tjfarmer

Farmer Guy
Feb 15, 2017
Illinois
Hi guys, rich sherman here I don't know how often I can get on here but will try to check in occasionally. Things have gotten crazy with the Sherman Cats and I only have so much social media time. The head stamped brass becoming available has kind of opened the floodgates! Anyway; I thought I might clear up a few questions.
The long action SHERMAN design is based on the 270W case and is chambered in 6.5, 270, 280, 300, 338, and a guy is getting ready to put a 35 together. Ballistics in each is very comparable to the factory versions of the WM.
THE SS line is chambered in 6.5 thru 338 and are the ballistic equivalent of the long action Shermans with 4 grains less capacity and all under 3" coal.
The SST is basically a SS with a 30 degree shoulder and shorter throat (Sherman Short Tactical). It was designed for PRS and I run the 147 ELDM @ 3107 with a 2.770" coal.
There will soon be a 6mm version that should push the 115 DTAC or Berger near 3500!
I am currently prepping Norma Saum brass for the ss and sst which is ready to fire form with bullets. The sst can run full loads and the SS should be reduced 7 or 8 percent because the shoulder needs blown out along with body taper. We are getting double digit loading. ADG head stamped brass will be available this summer for the ss and sst in 6.5 and 7 mm. They can be easily necked up or down to other bore sizes as all the bodies are the same. I will be taking pre orders soon when I get the website up. Probably @ shermanwildcatcartridges.com. I have to order a years run of brass, so it would be wise to pre order if you are interested!
You can also catch me on long range hunting online magazine forum or face book @ Rich Sherman/ wildcat cartridge page.
Thanks for the official update

ShermanR

New Hide Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hi guys! I've been out of touch for a bit so I will try to get up to speed. If I miss any info that you need, just sing out.
The ADG brass is now being offered for pre order for $250/100. Everything that I have heard is it is excellent quality. It will all come properly head spaced and stamped in 6.5 sst, 6.5 SS, and 7ss. All will come with a 7mm neck. The sst can be fired with full loads as only a little taper is being blown out. The ss should be reduced about 8-10 percent as the 40 degree shoulder is being formed. Other calibers can be easily formed from the above.
Reamers are now available for purchase or rental. Dies and prepped Norma brass are in stock. I also can order hydro form dies if wanted.
July is the production target from ADG but I should have brass to test in June.
I would recommend pre order to be absolutely sure you will have brass available because I have to guess on what a years supply is??

5RWill

Optics Fiend
Oct 15, 2009
Mississippi
I went went ahead and ordered 50pcs. So the 7 SS will need to be fireformed?

Also rich do you think you’ll have a yearly run of brass from ADG if it turns out and offer prepped Norma or is the goal eventually to have ADG be the sole supplier

Feb 13, 2017

Also rich do you think you’ll have a yearly run of brass from ADG if it turns out and offer prepped Norma or is the goal eventually to have ADG be the sole supplier
My understanding from Rich is that he plans to discontinue the prepped Norma brass when the ADG headstamped comes available.

ShermanR

New Hide Member
Feb 9, 2018
:cool:

Yes, the shoulder needs to be formed. I do plan on a yearly supply but will have some prepped Norma, at least for a while.
My understanding from Rich is that he plans to discontinue the prepped Norma brass when the ADG headstamped comes available.
For the most part, that's true but I may do some special orders?

Top Bottom