6.5 creed reamer for 130 prime ammunition

g.ross

Sergeant
Dec 2, 2010
Queen Creek AZ
Looking to order a reamer from JGS ,I’m not a gunsmith just wanting my own reamer for my personal barrels.Looking for any advise on reamer specs , neck size , throating or even a reamer print for prime ammo or the new 130 federal match ammo .
I know I can play it safe by ordering a SAAMI spec reamer just looking for any advise from gunsmiths that have had success with a certain reamer.
Thanks GW

Feb 4, 2014
Alaska
I used a SAAMI spec reamer from JGS On all the ones I’ve built and it has worked excellent. You can always send them a dummy round though and have them make one off of it

Sep 6, 2006
Southern California
The saami spec reamer is really good actually. I don’t know prime ammo or the 130 they use. If you are a loader already, you could pull a prime bullet and take some seating depth measurements to see how far out the bullet is seated at touching dimension in a saami chamber. Then adjust the fb measurement for the prime seating depth, plus jump. Saami freebore is .199”. Below is a link to the ptg saami reamer. Sending a round to jgs so they can measure it is probably easiest though.

http://cdn0.grizzly.com/specsheets/t23212_as.pdf

Top Bottom