25 Creedmoor

sav338lapua

Sergeant
Belligerents
May 11, 2010
central ohio
well im sticking with the 250 savage, mcgowan makes savage prefit in 1:8 twist barrels.
i have easily got 42grs of reloader 17 under berger 115 gr hunter/match bullets. started seeing flattened primers.
bumped back to 40grs and much better and an avg 3065 fps but the 1:10 twist barrel doesnt give good accuracy with it.
i think i can get the 131's to 2850fps. so ill post what happens with the tighter twist barrel.

Last edited:

Conrad

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Apr 28, 2006
TX
For what it's worth, in my rifle at least (26" barrel), H4350 is about 25 fps faster than R16 grain for grain. Now R16 can take velocity higher to say 3050 without as much pressure, but it is highly compressed in Lapua brass.

jerryrva

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2018
@coldboremiracle , I keep refreshing their website, waiting for it to pop up available
I use the free app Webalert to monitor changes to web pages. You can set how often to check for updates and even what part of page to check if you wish. Saves me a ton of time from constantly checking stuff on my phone. Especially since I am driving several hours every day and need to leave the phone alone.

BLKWLFK9

im just gonna send it..
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
I bought 300 pieces. Dudes on Alphas Instagram hit me up when it went on the site.

SAMR

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2019
Cool cartridge, I'm also a fan of the old 25-06 and 257 roberts for hunting. I think the 25 creedmoor could be a viable option for the general public, if they could get manufactured ammunition at a reasonable price (so would probably mean enough sales volume). I've found 6mm CM is still not the easiest cartridge to find on store shelves, and it's been around a few years. Which as another poster stated above, is why I went with 6.5 as a non-handloader.

Temper

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
May 29, 2011
FL
Why isn't there more logged load data and info out on this cartridge yet? Lol they sold 5k pieces or brass in less than 3 hours.......
It’s so similar to the 6.5 counterparts, eapecially if you’re shooting the 130gr class projectiles. I plan on using the same powder and break-in charge as I did with my 6.5x47 once I get my 25x47L barrel in.

Stevo86

No one
Online Training Access
Belligerents
May 26, 2014
Ordered brass yesterday and a bartlien heavy Palma prefit from bugholes.

Estes640

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2017
Gainesville,FL
Anyone know if blackjack is out of blanks? Went on there and they didn’t have a single showing in any category. Not even showing out of stock. I found it odd.

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Montana
Anyone know if blackjack is out of blanks? Went on there and they didn’t have a single showing in any category. Not even showing out of stock. I found it odd.
Blackjack pulled everything off the website while they're on vacation, available components and bullets will be back up once they get back from Europe is my understanding.

Bear24

Sergeant
Belligerents
Oct 27, 2012
Oklahoma
Blackjack pulled everything off the website while they're on vacation, available components and bullets will be back up once they get back from Europe is my understanding.
partially true, Paypal has also locked our account for "firearms related" products. We will not be able to process CC transactions until we are both back in the states. If you need a barrel blank or reamer you can call or text me 580-330-2424 (text is preferred). Bullet orders will have to wait until the website is back up and running.

Just don't worry, we aren't shutting down or going out of business. Just dealing with some communist crap at a very inopportune time.

canezach

House of Chingasos
Belligerents
Apr 18, 2014
Colorado
Correct, you can basically use 6.5CM load data for 130 grain bullets.
And this basically answered the question I had.

The only other question I have is has anyone used Starline SRP brass? When I was ordering brass, Peterson and Alpha were out of stock, and I didn't want to convert any of my 4x fired Alpha brass for a new barrel, so I ordered 200 pieces of Starline.

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Montana
Warner is coming out w/ a 115gr flatline in 257 as well. Bc is around 315-320g7 according to testers. Should go 3100fps from this case, should shoot pretty well!

Bear24

Sergeant
Belligerents
Oct 27, 2012
Oklahoma
And this basically answered the question I had.

The only other question I have is has anyone used Starline SRP brass? When I was ordering brass, Peterson and Alpha were out of stock, and I didn't want to convert any of my 4x fired Alpha brass for a new barrel, so I ordered 200 pieces of Starline.
We have had some customers try it. One had major accuracy issues. Switched to Lapua and no more issues. YMMV

Reactions: canezach

longrange_lauber

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2018
Northern VA
partially true, Paypal has also locked our account for "firearms related" products. We will not be able to process CC transactions until we are both back in the states. If you need a barrel blank or reamer you can call or text me 580-330-2424 (text is preferred). Bullet orders will have to wait until the website is back up and running.

Just don't worry, we aren't shutting down or going out of business. Just dealing with some communist crap at a very inopportune time.
You just answered my question. All my stuff is coming in shortly and I just need some bullets for load development. Hopefully y'all can resolve the issue shortly!!

Reactions: Diverhunter

"A Plate Right..."

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2019
Washington State
I've been working with a 25 for 2 months now... At many seating depths and with multiple powders(significant amounts of different charge weights), I have never been able to get under 1.4" groups. It has a 7 twist xcaliber, so I called xcaliber to be told that with the dimensions of the 131 gr ACE that I was over twisting the bullet @ 305000 rpm. The barrel did show excessive copper after only 35 rounds, like it was ripping the jackets. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any advice to get this mother bear shooting to it's potential? I've been through the basics of checking for loose components and I've switched out optics, I see a bunch of you guys having great results with this caliber and really want it to work out.

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Belligerents
Mar 16, 2008
Flagstaff, AZ
I've been working with a 25 for 2 months now... At many seating depths and with multiple powders(significant amounts of different charge weights), I have never been able to get under 1.4" groups. It has a 7 twist xcaliber, so I called xcaliber to be told that with the dimensions of the 131 gr ACE that I was over twisting the bullet @ 305000 rpm. The barrel did show excessive copper after only 35 rounds, like it was ripping the jackets. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any advice to get this mother bear shooting to it's potential? I've been through the basics of checking for loose components and I've switched out optics, I see a bunch of you guys having great results with this caliber and really want it to work out.
You took the gamble on a low quality barrel and lost.

Cleaning the barrel back down to bare metal, polishing with JB, slowing the load down a node, might help. Past that it's a tomato stake.

Last edited: