2018 Sniper's Hide Forum Rules

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
Welcome to Sniper’s Hide 2018; this is a community for like minded individuals with a love of precision rifle, mainly of the tactical variety. Our tagline says, “For the Serious Tactical Marksman

The Members Make the Community
In order to keep these forums enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask simply that you follow these minimal rules. By participating in the Sniper’s Hide Forums, you are consenting to these rules. Violators may be warned, suspended from posting, or banned from the forums at the sole discretion of the Sniper’s Hide Moderators.

Sniper's Hide Forum Rules, we consider this the first warning and enforcement may come with no second warning.

1.Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice.

2. Do not post off-topic. Please keep your comments consistent with the subject and purpose of the conversation thread. Deliberate disruption -- such as consistent off-topic commentary -- will not be tolerated.

Inappropriate content will be removed without notice. Do not post any messages that are sexually-orientated, racist, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Please use good judgement when choosing user names, avatars, or images to post, and do not attempt to bypass the word filter. It is there for a reason.

3. Register using only one user name, and do not "flood" the board with posts that are off-topic. Creating multiple user accounts or flooding the board will be considered a denial-of-service attack on the forums and will result in your being banned.

4. Do not post the same topic in more than one forum. Pick the most relevant forum for your post. If you are unsure, put it in the Bear Pit, say you were not sure where it belonged, and someone will move it to the proper forum for you.

5. Do not Attack Companies, members who chase down and attack any representative from any company shall be banned. Companies that come on Sniper’s Hide interact with its members provide a critical service. If you cannot interact properly we suggest you don’t interact at all. This is key to helping the members get support.

6. Political discussion is limited to the BEAR PIT, the same with any discussion on religion and religious matters.

Religious Posts of any kind are also strictly forbidden on the site. This site is not for discussion of one's faith as we feel that is private matter best left off the forum.

Use Common Sense when talking politics and religion and keep them only in the BEAR PIT. Please see Rule #1

7. No all-caps array (FOR EXAMPLE, LIKE THIS) please. It is extremely hard to read. Posts submitted in all-caps will be deleted automatically.

8. No posting of links advertising off site sales of any kind without expressed permission from the board or one of its moderators. No advertising any off site website that competes with Sniper’s Hide.

9. No Commercial postings by any business without first subscribing to the site's rules regarding Commercial Sales. Any business found violating this will be removed along with any and all posts. Contact Lowlight to get a sponsored membership.

10. Signature Images will be no larger than 468x60 in size. Please be sure when using avatars and signature images to remember others on this board are watching. Distasteful images maybe removed.

Enforcement of the Rules may happen without warning. If your post is edited, deleted or modified by a Moderator you may inquire to the admin if the reason is not completely clear. Do this by Private Messaging "Lowlight". If you see a post that is in violation of any of these rules please use the "notify" link at the bottom of the post to alert the moderators.

Forum "Suicide" posts as a means of protest against these rules are frowned upon and may result in your removal from the site.

Rules for posting in the For Sale Section:

All Sales must comply with All State & Federal Laws regarding the item listed. It is the responsibility of the member listing their items to ensure they fully understand the laws in regards to sale of their items. Each listing must fully lay out the applicable laws in writing when necessary to purchase restrictive items such as Class III items.

1. You Must be a Full Member to Post. Full Membership means, 100 contributing posts. If you wish to list an item and do not meet these requirements you can pay to post an item in the New Member for sale section. The cost is $25 for 30 Days Access.*

2. You must fill out your profile with a city, state, and show a valid email address in your profile.

To do this, your city and state information goes in the "Geography" line.

The email we need to see is in the "Public Email Address" box.

3. Posting an item for sale in any other area but the "For Sale Section" will immediately get the post removed and the User Banned for as long as 30 day or longer without Warning. Sniper's Hide considers these rules as written your initial warning.

4. Members who lost posts or show less than 100 posts can post. If a member has the ability to post they are okay to post in the eyes of the moderators. New members with less than 100 posts will not be given special consideration in this area. Any attempt to circumvent this including request for prices on items will be removed. Please use the New Member For Sale Section which is a paid section.

5. Padding of your post count will result in a temporary banning of no less than 1 week. If you post more than 15 posts in a single day you will be considered padding your post regardless of the content and your account will be temporarily suspended.

6. You must post a Price in your Ad to sell on this site.

Violations of the For Sale Section Rules will be corrected by the moderators or admin without warning. if you break one of these rules you will be banned and your post will be removed. There is no warning. if we see the violation before you correct it, we will remove your access.

Sniper's Hide does not check the validity of posts made in the For Sale Section, and bears no responsibly to ensure a smooth transaction. Users of the For Sale Section do so at their own risk. Any disputes or fraudulent transactions will result in one or both members being removed. Sniper's Hide also cooperates with any and all requests from Law Enforcement without hesitation to prosecute criminals attempting to use this board.

Recommended Guidelines for the For Sale Area

#1 - No selling for friends, cousins, dad's, buddies, etc etc. There's a reason why there is a 100 post rule and if you're going to help them skirt the rules then why have them at all. Now we're no dummies and we know that you can get around this rule by listing the item and not mentioning that it's for the neighbor, you're very sneaky. However, if there is ANY issue with the sale and someone complains then be warned that "It's not my fault, my buddy said it was like new" will get you no help. The transaction start to finish will be owned by you and the lifetime ban that comes from bad sales deals will also be yours. I highly suggest that you simply deal in your own business and no one else's.

#2 - Don't crap on a person's sale ad. In short this means that anything that might take away from a person's ad should not be posted. Don't tell about how you got yours for $100 less, don't mention that the one you had died after 2 months, don't tell people you "think" their Leupold is a fake because you saw a thread 3 years ago on another site about it and remember that they all should have a gold medallion and don't make lowball offers on the thread.....whatever it is just keep it to yourself or send them a pm. PM's are great for asking a seller a question, making an offer, telling them it might be a clone/fake, etc. PM's are also a great way to save yourself from the public embarrassment of being an ass.

#2A - If you know that something is a fake/clone because of your vast knowledge and the seller does not, please pm them with this info. Sellers make mistakes too and if you have a valid concern and explanation then I'm sure they'll be embarrassed that they didn't know they were selling a fake and pull the ad. If they don't pull or modify the ad then feel free to send a mod alert using the buttons provided and a mod will likely resolve the situation so that no unsuspecting buyers get something less than they paid for.

#3 - Remember that communication is key to a good deal for everyone. Let the seller know when you mail the payment, let the buyer know when you mail the goods, stay in contact. Everyone makes mistakes, mails late by accident, forgets a small package under a jacket in the back seat, etc etc. Most buyers/sellers here are very understanding as long as they know that things are ok and the goods will be delivered. It's no communication and lying that are uncalled for.

#3A - While good communication is the key to a good deal, the communication is between the buyer/seller. Don't clog the boards by bumping an ad to say "Payment Sent" or "Shipped Today" and the always popular "Item received and it looks great". While we're all happy that the deal went well, we don't want to look at an ad of something that sold 2 weeks ago, let the thread die and communicate by PM.

#4 - Don't bump an ad more than once every 24 hours. There's nothing worse than having a guy post something for sale at 8am and it's got 3 BTT notes by noon. Trust me, the guys in the for sale area are like hawks, we see everything!
Snipershide.com and its moderators reserve the right to delete posts and/or whole conversations we determine are of an irrelevant, abusive or disruptive nature.

Disciplinary actions are up to the sole discretion of Sniper’s Hide and its moderators, each offense will be taken as a separate incident or maybe compounded with incidents of the past resulting in harsher penalties including prolonged banishment from the site.

Anyone attempting to circumvent the disciplinary actions of the moderators maybe permanently removed from the board without warning or notice.

This is your community - let us or your fellow posters know if you feel things are getting off-topic or inappropriate.
You will be responsible for your own Communications and the consequences of posting or otherwise transmitting those Communications. Sniper's Hide, LLC. does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any material posted or otherwise transmitted by snipershide.com Web site users or endorse any opinions expressed by such users. Sniper's Hide, LLC does not screen, monitor or approve Communications from our Web site users in advance. If we receive notification about a user regarding Communications which allegedly do not conform to this Agreement, Sniper's Hide, LLC. has the right, but not the obligation, to investigate the allegations and determine in good faith and at its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the Communication. We have no liability or responsibility to users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. Sniper's Hide, LLC. reserves the right to expel users and prevent their further access to the snipershide.com Web site for violating this Agreement or violating the law. We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove Communications that are abusive, illegal, disrespectful, disruptive, or otherwise problematic.

Link to Privacy Statement:

Please Read Privacy Notice

Registration Email Use

From time to time Sniper's Hide sends out emails to the members of this forum for the purpose of notifying members of upcoming events, new additions to the site, changes in the privacy statement, or for the purpose of collecting optional information for the improvement of this site and its services.

By Default the email option is set to "Yes which signs each member up to receive these communications from this site. Each member can "opt-out" at any time by changing this setting to "No" during the registration process. This "Opt-Out" feature is also available in your Profile once registered. To Edit this option simply go to "You Profile" > Edit Profile and select "No" when asked to receive emails from this site.

This is a strictly volunteer service, you may opt out at any time from within the email itself, during registration, or from your Profile. By agreeing these rules you are opting in to receive emails from Sniper's Hide unless you opt out during registration. You can opt out at anytime after by following the instructions above or by following the instructions on the Privacy notice page.

Last edited:

GUNNER75

Gunny Sergeant
Jun 29, 2005
SW KS
Re: Forum Rules

Understood, but I am wondering about the all caps. I know it is not needed, but is it that tough to read? I just have never noticed it. Am I missing something?

Aug 4, 2009
Somewhere in the desert S.W.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1.Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be subject to disciplinary actions, including but not limited to banishment from the site.</div></div>

i sure wish the folks who flamed me and were so discourteous had read this when i was defending my use of the Counter Sniper Optics scopes.., i am happy the Admin. or some moderator had the good sense to delete that entire thread, as it became disgusting and violated many of this fine forums rules.

THANK YOU Sir !!

Dec 3, 2006
Nocona Texas

They got tired of laughing Said the thread should have been i the BAR AND GRILL section<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1.Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be subject to disciplinary actions, including but not limited to banishment from the site.</div></div>

i sure wish the folks who flamed me and were so discourteous had read this when i was defending my use of the Counter Sniper Optics scopes.., i am happy the Admin. or some moderator had the good sense to delete that entire thread, as it became disgusting and violated many of this fine forums rules.

THANK YOU Sir !!

</div></div>

Nov 10, 2009
North Carolina

In my opinion useing caps has a place, but sparingly. Like say for instance...Do not remove the safety sheild or you could BLOW yourself up. These are the only instances where I use them, or sometimes italics ( ) instead, or in some instances quotes " ", for effect

DISMAS

Sergeant
Oct 26, 2010
Midwest

So if we post LOL then we are in violation of the All Caps rule and "Minimum of 100 posts. You must contribute to this site in a positive manner. "LOL" does not count as a contribution to this site." Double Wammy!

Oct 2, 2008
TEXAS

Funny how this all caps thing has become an issue....in that it seems people can't understand that the sentence...."or you could BLOW yourself..." and the LOL's are more than likely acceptable and was in no way the author's example was "FOR EXAMPLE, LIKE THIS"....where someone doesn't turn their caps lock off. Are people just trying to funny about it or is it an all or nothing understanding?

Strykervet

Gunny Sergeant
Jun 5, 2011
Pierce County, WA
Is the "No Politics means no politics!" rule no longer in effect? I recall the site being much better when we used to weed out all people that only come on here to whine about politics. I understand some things can't be discussed without invoking some political bullshit these days, but these are threads about politics and posts about politics with no other angle than to discuss politics. And it's the crazy fucking koolaid drinkers that have moved in that are the worst. Half the shit in Bear Piss is about politics and nothing else.

It's what made this site so different, pretty much anything goes except for politics (and religion) which can be found on virtually all other sites.

Please bring back the no politics rule, or rather enforce it, and it'd be nice if we had a feedback for sales like we used to on the older Hides. I know your take on sales, it's not a for sale forum, but it does have a section and members do like to do business with each other --it makes the site and bonds between members even stronger when you think about it. I'd never buy a scope sight unseen, especially online person to person --unless I buy it from a known member on here.

Nov 10, 2010
UT
Once again i will say it and others have said it also. The Ignore function is between your ears. A gun is not put to your head to enter Bear Pit, Nor is one used to force you to read any threads in the pit. If you require either software or a moderator to police what you do/see then that is a sad reflection in the mirror.

When you go into a thread and see where it is going, just leave if your disturbed with what you see.

Last edited:

Strykervet

Gunny Sergeant
Jun 5, 2011
Pierce County, WA
Don't pretend to think you know what I require and don't require.

I've got another option there 2a, how about all the political windbags move over to a site that accommodates that and is about that and doesn't specifically BAN POLITICS IN THE FUCKING FORUM RULES as written by the owner himself a decade ago! I'm not bitching because it's a few political posts or posts wander into politics or the thread itself engenders some political discussion, no, I'm bitching about reposts of CNN stories and hard politics discussions.

Bear Pit used to have a lot of decent discussions. Now its all about praising one politician or bitching about another. It also attracts the worst of the worst, they only post in Bear Piss and think they own it and if the rest of us don't like your political ranting and raving, well, WE should be the ones to leave? Fuck that, you need to read the rules.

Or how about make a politics free fire forum to keep it out of the rest of the site at least? Bear Pit is now composed mostly of a handful of core members, most of who are only interested in politics. Can't read rules or just don't fucking care about our rules here. Bear Pit is where the trolls live, the know-it-alls learn it all and where the rest of the members here are made to not feel at home for discussing something you who live on there don't agree with. Lots of dickheads, personal attacks and childish behavior that armed men seem to be willing to go to the mat over. Bear Pit was the place where shooters went to talk about non-shooting stuff, but NOT POLITICS.

I can see you've been here since 2010 so you and (I won't name 'em here) and all the rest know good and goddamn well this is frowned upon and just isn't currently being enforced; Frank used to ban motherfuckers for life over this shit pre-Scout days.

I'll donate cash if they start enforcing the no politics rule, PM me and let me know you mean business. I'm also a disabled vet with nothing better to do, I could very easily moderate one of these forums for you if it's getting to be too much to handle. I don't mind pitching in.

Top Bottom