2 stage lefty triggers

Feb 18, 2017
Albuquerque, nm
Not seeing very much available for two stage left handed triggers with safety.
Huber
Cg xtreme
Bix & Andy.

Any lefties out there have any recommendations or experience with a good two stage left handed trigger?

seather

Online Training Member
May 25, 2018
Triggers are very much a shooter preference sort of thing.

I can speak highly of my Lefty Huber. Personally, I would trade all my triggers with their 2-stage.

Shot a CG xtreme mod 22 and it felt weird to me. The tactical version may have a different feel, but I haven't tried it.

Have not tried the Bix & Andy triggers.

Feb 18, 2017
Albuquerque, nm
Triggers are very much a shooter preference sort of thing.

I can speak highly of my Lefty Huber. Personally, I would trade all my triggers with their 2-stage.

Shot a CG xtreme mod 22 and it felt weird to me. The tactical version may have a different feel, but I haven't tried it.

Have not tried the Bix & Andy triggers.
I was told that once you engage the first stage on the Huber, if you let off you will still be sitting on the second stage and you have to cycle the bolt to reset the first stage. It was mentioned in an old thread here so maybe it's been corrected by now or maybe it was a defective trigger. Have you experienced anything like that?

seather

Online Training Member
May 25, 2018
I was told that once you engage the first stage on the Huber, if you let off you will still be sitting on the second stage and you have to cycle the bolt to reset the first stage. It was mentioned in an old thread here so maybe it's been corrected by now or maybe it was a defective trigger. Have you experienced anything like that?
I've experienced that, if you engage the first stage of the Huber and release, subsequent pulls of that first stage are a little lighter. Cycling the bolt (or the safety) seems to reset that.

The change in the lighter first stage is so minimal I do not notice it.

In general, this isn't an issue for me as any state the rifle is in where I get off the trigger I usually put the rifle safe or open the chamber.

Also the statement of the Huber not being a "true two-stage" is technically correct. I think of it more of a "tension to a glass wall" sort of trigger. The first stage is really to get me prepared to use the second.

Feb 18, 2017
Albuquerque, nm
I've experienced that, if you engage the first stage of the Huber and release, subsequent pulls of that first stage are a little lighter. Cycling the bolt (or the safety) seems to reset that.

The change in the lighter first stage is so minimal I do not notice it.

In general, this isn't an issue for me as any state the rifle is in where I get off the trigger I usually put the rifle safe or open the chamber.

Also the statement of the Huber not being a "true two-stage" is technically correct. I think of it more of a "tension to a glass wall" sort of trigger. The first stage is really to get me prepared to use the second.
Appreciate the info. Think I'm going to go that route and give it a try

Stag556

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 10, 2017
Tubb makes a 2 stage lefty. I have one sitting in the safe for a Build. Fully adjustable with a wide range. Watch the YouTube videos, seems pretty robust.

Apr 4, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
I’d go bix n Andy. Have a CG extreme and it’s nice too. B&A is better. Trigger shoes are different on a lot of these too so make sure you like what’s going on there. B&A is pretty thin and Jackson is wider and everything else in between out there.

May 12, 2013
@Ericsl2 damn I hope I wasn't looking at the single stage earlier.

If that's the case I'm not sure if anyone makes a flat shoe for a lefty.

B&A will get my vote in that case

Mordamer

Professional Know It All
May 11, 2010
Hooker, OK
I use a 2 stage left Huber and it is the best trigger I have ever used. I love the long first stage. First stage is super smooth and second stage is crisp. Have not had the trigger feel change at all from dust or dirt. My Jewell got some dirt in it during a match and felt gritty the rest of the day and felt like it had an extra notch in the trigger pull until I cleaned it after the match.

Feb 18, 2017
Albuquerque, nm
I just bought the Tubbs t7. Got to try some right handed Huber and the Tubbs at the gun shop this evening and man the Tubbs felt great. The Huber was also really nice, I just didn't like the first stage not resetting if you let off. Gun shop guy was really helpful and said he had a lot of time on the Tubbs and it has never failed in the dust. The ability to adjust the weight on first and second stage is a nice feature. He had shot a couple matches with the Huber and had nothing negative to say about it either, it never got gritty in the blowing sand. His advice was pick one and just get some time on it and you'll be happy either way. Wish he had a cg or bix and Andy to try out but he didn't. Hopefully this trigger puts out because the wife sure isn't going to when she sees this next credit card statement.

Stag556

Sergeant of the Hide
Feb 10, 2017
I just bought the Tubbs t7. Got to try some right handed Huber and the Tubbs at the gun shop this evening and man the Tubbs felt great. The Huber was also really nice, I just didn't like the first stage not resetting if you let off. Gun shop guy was really helpful and said he had a lot of time on the Tubbs and it has never failed in the dust. The ability to adjust the weight on first and second stage is a nice feature. He had shot a couple matches with the Huber and had nothing negative to say about it either, it never got gritty in the blowing sand. His advice was pick one and just get some time on it and you'll be happy either way. Wish he had a cg or bix and Andy to try out but he didn't. Hopefully this trigger puts out because the wife sure isn't going to when she sees this next credit card statement.
You can also swap the trigger shoe on the Tubb to be either curved or flat

May 12, 2013
So I also ordered the Tubb today.

Confirmed that Timney does not have a 2 stage CE in left hand.

Couldn't get ahold of Tom at CG to confirm if he could do a left handed trigger which left me with a choice between the below

Tubb
Bix and Andy
Huber

Mar 22, 2006
WI
The TUBB trigger is probably one of the finest two stage triggers you will find next to a TRG. I have two TRG's which set the bar in two stage triggers, a Huber in my AR-50, an XTSP in my Kimber target 22, and my next trigger will be the TUBB two stage. Got to run David's last week at KO2M and it's as close to the TRG and perfect as a trigger can get.

Top Bottom