1000 yrd Walmart air rifle

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Mar 16, 2008
Flagstaff, AZ
You could do what Dtros did. He had the same Kelbly's stock he uses for PRS, inletted for a Anschutz PCP barreled action. That's big money though.

On that line maybe call MPA and ask if they have any blem chassis that they'd sell cheaper and have it inletted for whatever air rifle you can find. That way you could weight it and balance that weight to closely resemble your centerfire.

Go to Pyramid Air and see what they have that use AR grips.

PCP's are way nicer to shoot than spring air rifles, especially for a repeater. Next is C02.

Jul 26, 2017
I like my air rifle. Lots of trigger time, able to shoot in city limits depending on your local ordinances and cheap ammo. Maximum effective range depends on the caliber but id say 200 is doable. 1 moa is rare but some of those benchrest airgun shooters have guns that can do half moa. The bc of .30 pellets are around .053 and when shooting slugs jump to around .078 45A31A7E-93F4-4299-A9F8-03B9FDF4DD64.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017
What airgun would most closely replicate a centerfire rifle in a chassis? At least something with an m16 style grip so I can put an MPA EVG on it? If I could get a relatively inexpensive repeater like that, it'd be ideal. I want to shoot in my basement this winter and maybe keep it close to my match gun?
Youd probably be looking at a FX impact. They run for about 1800$ and have swapable AR-15 grip(comes with a hogue grip). Here is mine. B2F6D85A-1B21-44D1-9CD0-250A0F45F72A.jpeg

Eliteuas

Advanced Air Marksman
Jul 3, 2018
Grantville, PA.
My custom .257 should be here next week. It’s a bit delayed but I plan on proving farther then 300-400 is more than doable, but repeatable. I plan on lobbing some shots in out to 1k with the cold shot adjustable 144mil base.. My .257 (6.5mm) slugs have a BC of .212. Stay tuned there will be a thread. So get the jokes in and laugh now I guess ;)
Oh I plan on making “tracer” slugs to show trajectory to maybe 500 yards through the scope, with my KN203 attached. Still gotta pick up one of those scope phone adaptors before I can do that though....
cheers

Frankly

Sergeant of the Hide
Jan 27, 2018
Spencerport, NY
Sorry I haven't been active here but living in NY definitely crimps my style for long range shooting. I do shoot a lot at my local 100 yard range but went back to my 3-Gun gear and concentrate on pistol (9mm 2011). Until we move to a wide open state.... So looking at Snipers Hide is just frustrating!

But regardless I've been shooting everyday it isn't storming on my 50m range at home. Got a CF scuba tank for fills and a FX Wildcat II bullpup in .22 with an Athlon 6-24x50 FFP BTR, shooting 15-18gr JSBs. The trigger is surprising good and the action is where it is supposed to be so you can maintain your cheek weld. (Most other bullpup air rifles put the action all the way in the butt and have more friction in the triggering mechanism.) The cheap scope is better than I expected and focuses to 7m, has a good reticle and turrets.

Also put my Weihrauch HW30s .177 springer into a Steve Coracan Walnut stock cut for my shoulder. This one was tuned down to be gentle and is really easy to cock, light and easy to carry. Fiber optic sights and top bifocals work for 59-year old eyes.

Targets are 1"-2" which are impossible to miss off the bench so I mostly shoot offhand to make it challenging. The only thing the neighbors hear are the targets getting hit.

Given where I live it's better to be shooting than not.

Next big purchase should be a RAW HM1000 in .30 and then maybe a high pressure air compressor for filling. Maybe a larger springer like the HW95 or classic 35e. But the Wildcat does everything I want and having the biathlon action saves me from dropping even more $$$ on a biathlon action 22. That's gun money logic ;-p

FWIW semi-auto airguns are possible but they use a lot of air and are more complicated, the airgun industry is still rather conservative and limited. But there are people adapting electronic regulators and controls from the high end paintball world to modern airguns and sooner or later someone will figure it out. The big looming issue is that as calibers, speeds and energy increase we have to avoid regulation. I doubt the NRA will devote much energy to this and there is no other lobbying group. For the most part people want to stay quiet and shoot responsibly so as not to create a ruckus. But the airgun manufacturers love advertising their guns' power and how you can hunt deer and hogs with a big bore airgun... so sooner than later we'll get the attention we don't want.

20181205_biketrailrangehome_0026.jpg 20181205_fxwildcatII_0032.jpg 20181205_fxwildcatII_0033.jpg 20180902_iphone_0055.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2011
Browns Valley CA
Sorry I haven't been active here but living in NY definitely crimps my style for long range shooting. I do shoot a lot at my local 100 yard range but went back to my 3-Gun gear and concentrate on pistol (9mm 2011). Until we move to a wide open state.... So looking at Snipers Hide is just frustrating!

But regardless I've been shooting everyday it isn't storming on my 50m range at home. Got a CF scuba tank for fills and a FX Wildcat II bullpup in .22 with an Athlon 6-24x50 FFP BTR, shooting 15-18gr JSBs. The trigger is surprising good and the action is where it is supposed to be so you can maintain your cheek weld. (Most other bullpup air rifles put the action all the way in the butt and have more friction in the triggering mechanism.) The cheap scope is better than I expected and focuses to 7m, has a good reticle and turrets.

Also put my Weihrauch HW30s .177 springer into a Steve Coracan Walnut stock cut for my shoulder. This one was tuned down to be gentle and is really easy to cock, light and easy to carry. Fiber optic sights and top bifocals work for 59-year old eyes.

Targets are 1"-2" which are impossible to miss off the bench so I mostly shoot offhand to make it challenging. The only thing the neighbors hear are the targets getting hit.

Given where I live it's better to be shooting than not.

Next big purchase should be a RAW HM1000 in .30 and then maybe a high pressure air compressor for filling. Maybe a larger springer like the HW95 or classic 35e. But the Wildcat does everything I want and having the biathlon action saves me from dropping even more $$$ on a biathlon action 22. That's gun money logic ;-p

FWIW semi-auto airguns are possible but they use a lot of air and are more complicated, the airgun industry is still rather conservative and limited. But there are people adapting electronic regulators and controls from the high end paintball world to modern airguns and sooner or later someone will figure it out. The big looming issue is that as calibers, speeds and energy increase we have to avoid regulation. I doubt the NRA will devote much energy to this and there is no other lobbying group. For the most part people want to stay quiet and shoot responsibly so as not to create a ruckus. But the airgun manufacturers love advertising their guns' power and how you can hunt deer and hogs with a big bore airgun... so sooner than later we'll get the attention we don't want.

View attachment 6981601 View attachment 6981602 View attachment 6981603 View attachment 6981604
Your spot on about the advertising. I've always thought it would be better to keep air rifles more of a secret. I've had a couple of the more powerful ones(Quackenbush I think was the name) here at the shop, and it's amazing what they can do. I've put many rounds through an old RWS 48, but foolishly sold it and bought a mod 52. It was a sour experience, and I've been hesitant to get another since the prices have doubled.