“The Wall” on amazon prime

Feb 17, 2012
Take this recommendation at face value. Im not a veteran. I doubt this film is an accurate depiction of reality. Its a movie. Made by thespians (hehehe). I am a firearms enthusiest however.

So yesterday i had some downtime and was searching through all the bullshit on amazon prime and netlix trying to satisfy my need to watch military badassery and silently honor my gratitude for true american heros. Ive seen pretty much everything documentary there is on the subject. Then i came across “the wall” on amazon prive video. It had like two stars and appeared to be really shitty B movie. I said fuck it and fired it up. All I can say is i was pleasently surprised at this film. For me it was not a waste of time. There are a lot of little details in this movie that made me say “wow they did a little research”. I hope you enjoy this movie guys.

Basher

Sergeant
Dec 13, 2004
Mesa AZ, USA
I felt the exact opposite. *POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW!*

If I recall correctly, the enemy sniper was estimated to be some 1500+ yards away. There ain't NO way anybody's good enough to intentionally aim for and hit a radio antenna on a moving target with a .308 from that distance, or a water canteen for that matter. We're talking 1/20MOA or some crap, on a moving target, for the antenna shot. Maybe 1/4MOA for the canteen.

There were a bunch of other blunders or inaccuracies that drove me up the wall. The two protagonists made a healthy handful of idiotic errors in judgement that I'm sure nobody with soecialized training would do. It was a "fun" movie, but the ending sucked, and the little details they got wrong absolutely ruined it for me.

YMMV.

Feb 17, 2012
Basher,
I can definately agree with you on your points. For me it was a fun movie. The little details i thought were pretty good for a movie were the sound effects and the m24 being a long action with the ok weber fsb and what i thought appeared to be a leupold. I do not recall the “year” the movie was taking place bit it seemed like the m24 could have been somewhat period correct? Again, im no expert, but there seemed to be some details in this movie that were above average as far as this genre of movies go. But yessir still not perfect.

Nov 4, 2007
I thought it was interesting that the enemy sniper said he preferred the Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle. I think this was Hollywood's attempt of 'authenticity'. It is one of the better sniper movies. I haven't seen a good one yet.

Jul 6, 2010
Denver, CO
It was so so bad. Stupid pro terrorist message, completely unrealistic, bad action, bad acting, stupid dialogue and plot. Worst waste of time I have had in a long time.

Dec 14, 2010
Ashburn VA
Holy crap that was a bad movie. Nothing good about it. Tried to ripoff “hurt locker” and “phonebooth” (phonebooth was not worth copying)
addeded the gayest sniper stuff I have ever seen.

BLKWLFK9

come at me bro
Feb 13, 2017
If im not mistaken, Nicholas Irving consulted on the movie. I expected better before watching it. Pretty much blew balls.

mijp5

Gunny Sergeant
May 7, 2009
Terrible movie. John Cena and kickass being shot at by a guy so good, he can hit dime size targets from over 1000 yds on command with desert mirage. I can take unrealistic, but this was so unrealistic it was annoying as shit

Mar 27, 2010
VA
This was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Literally in the top 3 of the worst. There were a ton of inaccuracies, the story was boring, and the whole situation was completely unrealistic. It was basically a one man movie with a guy talking to himself for an hour. I wasn't a fan.

Darkside-Six

My Dixie Wrecked
Oct 8, 2013
I watched it a few months back not expecting much. I will admit that it was better than I had thought it would be and they left it open for a sequel which is probably watch but it was way over exaggerated. Not a bad film though.

Top Bottom