Thread: new 308 muzzle brake-battle comp

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    Blog Entries

new 308 muzzle brake-battle comp

just picked this up i really like it. i'll actually get to shoot it here in the next week.
    -They are a tool, i don't own a gun that i don't treat as such-
    Rocking: GAP, Mile High Shooting, Desert Tactical Arms, Vortex optics, Centurion Arms, Badger Ordnance, Custom Gun Coatings, Accushot, Mars Armament, Combat Precision, JD Machine Tech, Sport Optics, Pro Precision Rifles, McCourt Munitions, Smith Enterprises, Copper Creek Cartridge, TAB gear, Manners Stocks, Bartlien Barrels, Wiebad, Geissele Automatics
    Currently helping at: www.modernserviceweapons.com

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Re: new 308 muzzle brake-battle comp

Nice looking comp. Does it have holes all the way around or does it have blank area so if you go prone it won't kick up dust?
    Old but still willing to learn.

Major Payne
    Follows
    Following

Who makes it and how much?
    I also would to read a range report.
    (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

ORD
    Montani Semper Liberi
    Follows
    Following

http://www.battlecomp.com/

I have not used one yet, but I have seen one up close. The work looks like quality, but I couldn't tell you about the performance.

The price is a kick in the pants...

$150 for the 5.56 Model
    $220 for the 6.8/7.62 Model

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

....interesting

Lefty's Rule
    Follows
    Following

does Satan let you shoot that in hell? Seems like it may get load and smelly [img]<>/grin.gif[/img]

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

The BABC's cost is a relative bargain, especially on a forum where members routinely spend big $$$ on optics, aftermarket stocks, bipods, and even custom paint jobs -- and even more so because the BABC is a very effective shooting aid, and comparable products from KAC are more than twice the price.

The BABC is just amazing. Shooting offhand, I experienced no muzzle jump. None. Recoil was straight back and easy to handle using an aggressive stance. Having owned and shot a large variety of .308 ARs over the years, including my soft-recoiling SR25 EMC, I can say I have never been as fast to get back on target as when shooting with the BABC installed.

Flash was minimal, and the noise was not any worse than when shooting any of my other .308s with flash hiders. You really have to shoot the BABC to understand just how well it works.

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    Blog Entries

your LMT is super similar to my home built ar10, yeah i'm excited to get it out. should be nice, i put one on my 14.7" LWRC 5.56 as well. can't wait to try em out.
    -They are a tool, i don't own a gun that i don't treat as such-
    Rocking: GAP, Mile High Shooting, Desert Tactical Arms, Vortex optics, Centurion Arms, Badger Ordnance, Custom Gun Coatings, Accushot, Mars Armament, Combat Precision, JD Machine Tech, Sport Optics, Pro Precision Rifles, McCourt Munitions, Smith Enterprises, Copper Creek Cartridge, TAB gear, Manners Stocks, Bartlien Barrels, Wiebad, Geissele Automatics
    Currently helping at: www.modernserviceweapons.com

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Hell of a brake! Very effective at reducing the recoil and muzzel rise. I believe it to also have quited down the rifle as well. I do know that it is not any loader than my factory flash hider on my LMT MWS.

Well worth the money spent.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Looks cool, but looks like a "patch trap nightmare." I would love to shoot one and hear one before spending $220.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I was considering one of these for a 16" 308 as a sort of poor man's super tap brake. I was concerned about added muzzle blast to the that is common with most other brakes. Sounds like that isn't much of a concern with the battle break. Usually when someone pulls up next to you at a range with a break you get the obnoxious side blast. Hopefully that isn't teh case here?

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

anyone else have any reviews of the babc?

Private
    Follows
    Following

I just put a BC 1.0 on my 16" 5.56 and it does a great job of reducing muzzle rise and making the recoil come striaght back. I don't think it's as effective as a JP Break or the SJC Titan, but it's close.

I have a JP break on my LRP-07 and that combined with the LMOS does an amazing job of minimizing recoil signature and muzzle rise.

I'm planning to get an SR 25 EMC and I'd like to put one of these on it, but becaue of the design it cannot be machined to the KAC thread pitch. I may see if I can get someone to make and adapter to let me try this for a while, until I get a can for the .308 and then switch to an AAC breakout or blackout.

These really are amazing breaks and the compnay seems to be selling a lot of them, so hopefully you should be able to find someone with one at the range and hopefully they'll let you shoot it to see what you think. Once I did, I ordered mine the next day.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Follows
    Following

Thanks for the info on this. I was considering one of these. I have used a couple different brakes on my AT-10, the tuneable 12 port brake from AR15performance.com has been the best. I have also tried the PWS FSC30.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

i watched one of the guys who sells these shoot full auto, on a sbr ar. one handed the muzzle never rose. i can find you a video, but i dont know how to post it.

i saw a few guys do this in person. and it is very effective.
    http://www.coloccw.com/battle-comp