Thread: 10/22 Takedown

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

10/22 Takedown

SH,
    Just seen an ad for a 10/22 take down. Looks pretty cool, anyone handle one yet? I haven't done any searching yet, but wondering how much the gun stores will ask for them.
    JPG
    NRA Endowment
    22lr, 5.56, 308Win, 30-06, 375 Ackley Improved, 9MM, 40S&W, 45ACP

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Re: 10/22 Takedown

I paid $329. It comes with a scope base and a nice case. I put a very old Weaver 4x with QD rings on it . Those 3 pieces and a pair of 25 rd. mags all fit nicely in the case and my jeep. Shoots like a 10/22.

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Try Larry's Pawn in Huntville, AL. They have an online store. I bought one and sale went down smoothly with a good price as well.

Eddie
    "You're only happy when things die!" my wife says about me

Follows
    Following

In your area they are going between 290-320

I have seen them at both Cabelas, Bens loans (renton), Wades (bellevue), Wholsale sports (fed way) and Sportco in fife. Bens was cheapest unless you are a sportco member then it was the same cost. Cabellas was the highest but they had several in stock.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I'm in the same boat and may pick one up too. It will be a good back pack rifle.I called my local gun shop they will have them in by next week for around $329.00+tax.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

i paid 309+tax. it shoots great open sights. should get the 4x i ordered for it this week.
    the shadows prove there is light. the light didnt make the shadow, the shadow is the absence of light

NOBODY NEEDS AN AR15!
    ...Well nobody needs a whiny little bitch either, yet here you are.

Private
    Follows
    Following

Check for any alignment issues between the 2 pieces. There has been a discussion on calguns.net and a fix was relayed from Ruger.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=571152

These aren't isolated incidents but occurring at an alarming rate with many going back to Ruger for adjustment. It's nothing dangerous and shouldn't dissuade you from purchasing one, just an FYI. Overall, I'm very happy with my Takedown and it groups nicely with the iron sights out to 25-50yrds.

Private
    Follows
    Following

I am waiting on mine too. I get to pick it up on 05/15.

I have noticed the alignment issue as well, but didn't mind much...

But thanks for the post!!
    It made me feel better now that there is a fix for it [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img]

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I snagged one and immediately sent the bbl off to have the front sight set back to 16&quot;, threaded and bead blasted. Installed a rear swivel in the stock, VQ hammer, VQ bolt release, and VQ Edge extractor.

Should have it back together this week.
    Instructor: Sniper, Patrol Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun - Armorer: Glock, Colt AR15/M16

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Details on the rear swivel? I have heard the polymer is thick enough just to drill it and screw in a stud. I am thinking I will put some epoxy in when I do mine. Any photos?
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=01...x5qqy10o&hl=en

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

i fixed the alignment on mine, just follow the instructions...it was easy. i put a cheap 4x BSA scope on it today and played with it for a little bit. the crosshairs are stupid thick but its ok out to 50yds, i could hit a groundhog easy enough. chose the BSA because its really short and inexpensive. a $500 scope didnt make sence for what im using it for

the shadows prove there is light. the light didnt make the shadow, the shadow is the absence of light

NOBODY NEEDS AN AR15!
    ...Well nobody needs a whiny little bitch either, yet here you are.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimster716</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check for any alignment issues between the 2 pieces. There has been a discussion on calguns.net and a fix was relayed from Ruger.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=571152

These aren't isolated incidents but occurring at an alarming rate with many going back to Ruger for adjustment. It's nothing dangerous and shouldn't dissuade you from purchasing one, just an FYI. Overall, I'm very happy with my Takedown and it groups nicely with the iron sights out to 25-50yrds.</div></div> mine isnt perfectly aligned.. but i just rolled with it... i didnt notice this until after i brought it home.. Thank you for the link.