Thread: Bsa Tactical 4-14 mil-mil

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Bsa Tactical 4-14 mil-mil

So, I was looking through the new midway flyer and there it was. A BSA Tactical 4-14, mil-mil and FFP! For $250 on sale. The first thing I thought was...WTF! So, I read the reviews and they were all good. My thoughts are, how good can a ffp scope be for $250? The reviews all say good things about the glass, recticle and tracking. I think I might get one for my 22. I am just put off because it is a BSA. I had a BSA on my 17 hmr and it did well. I admit that I didn't ask it to do much though. The flyer said this scope was a midway exclusive. I couldn't find it on swfa. So, what say the hide?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...ductTabReviews
    Life sucks, get a helmet.

General Nuisance
    Follows
    Following

Re: Bsa Tactical 4-14 mil-mil

save your receipt, see what midways return policy on glass is and give it a shot. isnt falcon the only other alternative anywhere close to that price? alot of us will never experience FFP otherwise
    savage MA-10 ruger kimber ford
    http://www.supermotors.net/registry/1445

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I believe wotac offers a FFP in a similar price range. Can't say that I have used any of them, but I believe that's the only 3 around that general dollar figure.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

It had great reviews and a etched recticle. I figure for a 22...why not. Not like recoil is gonna kill it. I might order one when I get back into town next week.
    Life sucks, get a helmet.

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Run a tracking drill and let us know how it works for you.
    Wherever - Whatever - However
    8541tactical.com

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Have you ever read a negative product review in a gun rag? I haven't which is why I stopped buying them years ago and no longer rely on them to inform before purchasing. Take what you read with a grain of salt.....or the whole bottle.

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Originally Posted By: shooter19802003
    So, I was looking through the new midway flyer and there it was. A BSA Tactical 4-14, mil-mil and FFP! For $250 on sale. The first thing I thought was...WTF! So, I read the reviews and they were all good. My thoughts are, how good can a ffp scope be for $250? The reviews all say good things about the glass, recticle and tracking. I think I might get one for my 22. I am just put off because it is a BSA. I had a BSA on my 17 hmr and it did well. I admit that I didn't ask it to do much though. The flyer said this scope was a midway exclusive. I couldn't find it on swfa. So, what say the hide?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...ductTabReviews

If I hadn't turned into a glass snob [img]<>/wink.gif[/img] I'd a probably given it a try on one of my 22's or air rifles.For $250 it's practically disposable.There's not much to lose cept shipping as long as you can send it back.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I believe the OP is referring to the reviews on Midway USA, not magazine reviews. Midway will print negative reviews (I have left one or two myself), however 3 positive reviews is not a very large sample size.

Midway's scope return policy is very straight forward: You mount it, you bought it. This is clearly stated on every scope listing they have. Any warranty issues would have to be handled through BSA.

Private
    Follows
    Following

I will never purchase a BSA product again. Ran one for a little while, now it will not hold a zero, and the elevation turret is broken (it will turn but will not adust or "click", it just spins). It was a 6-24x40 with mil dot and ill reticle. I knew it was a cheap POS but figured it would last a little longer than it did. (maybe had between 70-100 shots through it).
    I wouldn't trust one on a BB gun. Maybe their new designs are better than the older design I had.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I have one of these scopes on my Savage Mark II TR. I have not had time to shoot it since my initial review, but from my limited experiance I am very pleased. The glass is clear and it tracked well.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...95#Post2258695