Thread: Scope for LWRC 308 REPR

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Scope for LWRC 308 REPR

If I take the gun that is suppose to come in later this week I thought that the Night Force 3.5-15x56 NXS with their unimount would be a good choice from what I have read. I realize that this can open up a new can of worms, but is there something better for the same amount of cash?

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Re: Scope for LWRC 308 REPR

Why are you trying to put a 56 on an 18 inch?

50 is almost too big as it is.
    LWRC REPR

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

You'll love the rifle! As far as optics, I have 3.5-10x40 Leupold MK4, and my brother is going to put that NF 2.5-10x32 on his. His is an 16" and mine is a 18". Put whatever you want on top, but, a 56mm bell is big. I have the NF 5.5-22x56 on my big rifle, 338Lapua AIAW. Let's see some pics, JPG
    NRA Endowment
    22lr, 5.56, 308Win, 30-06, 375 Ackley Improved, 9MM, 40S&W, 45ACP

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Maybe because I am not sure what I am doing. I looked through a 56 and liked the field of view and the brightness. It seemed brighter than the 50. I really doubt that I will be shoting more than 500 yards with most of it at 300 max. I am thankful for people like you on this forum that assist me. What manufacture is the bi-pod on your gun?

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

It's a Larue/harris QD. I like atlas bipods better and own a couple but on this I wanted something with no pan feature.

If you have any questions about the system feel free to PM me, whether its about optics or function.
    LWRC REPR

Surgeon Shooter
    Follows
    Following

Kwak, get yourself a NightForce NXS 5.5-22x50 NP-R1 and you'll thoroughly pleased with your purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by FD338Lapua View Post
    This site is full of you super pricks with big mouths hiding behind a computer screen.
    My setup: Surgeon Scalpel with a 20" Krieger in an AICS AX chassis, Jewell trigger, Atlas PSR, GDI mount, NightForce ATACR, Flatline Ops, Thunderbeast 30BA, Armageddon Gear, Magpul MS4, Aadland scope caps, and PRS tripod w/HOG saddle.

Private
    Follows
    Following

Kwak, I have had my REPR 16" for about a year now. I was in a quandry about which optic to go with as well, so I mounted the NF nxs 3.5-10x32 with the low velocity reticle. I usually shoot no farther out than 400 yds at the most at the range, usually 2-300 is where I'm shooting. For this I have found this NF works great. I am sure I would like the 50mm exit pupil as well, but then I am not using this as a dedicated benchrest weapon either (16" bbl), I also have the Trijicon TA11 for close in stuff.
    Whatever you do, the REPR will still be the locomotive.
    Celer Silens Mortalis, Tim.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I would suggest staying away from the more powerful magnification,(unless your after small varmints ot targets),on rifles of this type. The parallax adjustment just introduces another adjustment to keep track of. I use the SWFA 3-9X42 on my 16" LMT MWS out to 800 yards with no problems. In fact I shot a 7-1/2 inch group at 700 yards recently using a SWFA 1-4X HD scope set on 4X.
    [img

Uploaded with ImageShack.usimg]

[img

Uploaded with ImageShack.usimg]
    Great-grandson of a vet, Grandson of a Vet, son of a Vet, Nephew of four Vets, cousin of seven Vets, Vet, husband of a Vet, god father of two Vets, father of a Vet. Great-grandson of a LEO, grandson of a LEO, cousin of two LEO and father of a LEO. God bless the good guys.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

+1 to staying away from higher magnifications. He stated he doubted he was going further than 500 yards. A variable up to 10 power would be all he needed, anything more would be over kill. I say get something like a 3.5-10 or something within those ranges. Just my 2 cents
    My body is not my own it belongs to the gods of war. I will push this body beyond its limitations till it bends, bleeds and breaks my body is not my own it belongs to the gods of war I am a demon.

BCP
    Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

If you want the 3-15 nightforce, get it; it's your $$$$ and your rifle. The F1 is a really nice scope.

However if you want to keep weight down look at something along the lines of a 10X USO, leupie M3, 2.5-10 nightforce etc. 1.8-10 USO is an idea too.