Thread: Rings or base for Ruger M77?

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Rings or base for Ruger M77?

I purchased a larger scope so my new 50mm won't work with my old rings. I am having trouble figuring what rings to buy for this gun and was also considering buying a moa rail if anyone had one and then I could run some nicer rings. Any info would be great, Thanks ahead of time.

The rifle is a M77 7mm Rem Mag with Ruger action.
    Though such fear carries us into darkness may such grace carry our souls into the light.
    -Passage from 'Nathaniel and the Key to the World of Shadows'-

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Re: Rings or base for Ruger M77?

I don't know of any rail, but Burris make Ruger-to-Weaver adapters for about $20. Then you can use the Burris Signature rings with 20min inserts.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I remember seeing a rail that went on a Ruger along time ago. It may have been for the Mini-14, (that's what I had at the time) it was a piece of either Pic. or Weaver rail about 5" long that mounted in the two scope ring notch's of a Ruger rifle. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it.

I found one! I don't think it's the same one I was thinking about, but check it out. http://www.jackweigand.com/ranch.html

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

ken farrel

go on this web page
    this is Ken Ferrel he make picatinny rail for ruger M77 and I think he makes them in MOA also....

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Originally Posted By: dmachine
    I remember seeing a rail that went on a Ruger along time ago. It may have been for the Mini-14, (that's what I had at the time) it was a piece of either Pic. or Weaver rail about 5" long that mounted in the two scope ring notch's of a Ruger rifle. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it.

I found one! I don't think it's the same one I was thinking about, but check it out. http://www.jackweigand.com/ranch.html

That rail is for a mini-14
    Though such fear carries us into darkness may such grace carry our souls into the light.
    -Passage from 'Nathaniel and the Key to the World of Shadows'-