Thread: Whats The Difference

Private
    Follows
    Following

Whats The Difference

Can someone explain the difference between a Valdada IOR 4x24 M1 and a M2 scope?? Is one a later mod. of the other, both being available in .223cal?

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Re: Whats The Difference

The M1 has a 308 BDC, the M2 has a .223 BDC. The M2 is shorter and lighter.

It's the Super M2 which is available in both .223 and .308.

I have one of the M1's. Pretty decent little scope.

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Once upon a time, the M1 were fixed diopter 4x24 and the M2 were adjustable diopter, available in .223 and .308. The eye relief was too short on the M2 for the .308 so the original M1 was made an adjustable diopter model with better eye relief for the .308, and longer and heavier. This has been the status quo but the light and short M2 is gone now and the future status of the M series is uncertain. The latest models are M1 series in both .223 and .308, but you could not tell them apart without knowing how they were configured from the factory, as far as the knob goes (.223 was marked from 0-800 m and .308 0-1000m)

If only I had bought all the Dragunov reticle models before they were discontinued....

Scott Berish
    Liberty Optics LLC
    An Official Vendor of Sniper's Hide.
    www.libertyoptics.com
    "See Better, Shoot Better"
    406-827-6543
    Scott@LibertyOptics.com

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I have one of the M2's on my AR w/the Dragunov reticle & LOVE it!!! The BDC for the 62 grainers works fairly well!! Especially with that reticle design... it's a true man hunting reticle!
    Bill C. Sgt. USMC Ret.(81-89/03-04)-One call gets all! "I have yet to master the art of teaching the man who refuses to listen" R.D. -Ignorance is Cureable,Stupidity is Forever! UNK. 9/11 Never Forget! RIP RM & TH (NYFD) my friends among the many Heroes.