Thread: Reforming brass Question

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Reforming brass Question

What equipment do I need to get in order to turn my once-fired Winchester .308 brass into 6.5CM brass? Or should I sell it all and just buy CM brass as I've never done this sorta thing? (very rookie reloader)
    SGT, USMC
    3/6 STA (Scout/Sniper) Plt. '93 - '96

The "Operator as Fuck" Operator formerly known as 'COfox'

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Re: Reforming brass Question

Originally Posted By: COfox
    What equipment do I need to get in order to turn my once-fired Winchester .308 brass into 6.5CM brass? Or should I sell it all and just buy CM brass as I've never done this sorta thing? (very rookie reloader)

You will need a trimmer with both length cutters and neck turning capability. Trim the brass down to 6.5 cm length. Run it through the 6.5 CM die. Check length. Turn neck to proper thickness. You may need an intermediate die as you are sizing down case body as compared to just neck.

All told, if you have a reliable source of quality .308 brass then it would be worth it. Otherwise, it would be less expensive to just buy new 6.5 CM brass. It comes in good quality, Hornady.
    Every shot serves a purpose, whether accurate or inaccurate. It will always tell you what you did, and did not do, right. Even if all you have is a fraction of a second to make it, learn from it. So the next one is even better.

The pen is only mighty when it is backed by the sword.

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Thank you sir!
    SGT, USMC
    3/6 STA (Scout/Sniper) Plt. '93 - '96

The "Operator as Fuck" Operator formerly known as 'COfox'

Private
    Follows
    Following

I think once you get into this you will find it's easier to just buy the brass unless you have gobs of time on your hands.

I've experimented already and didn't have much luck with 308 or 7-08 brass. I did do well reforming factory 260 brass into CM.

let us know how it goes.. I'm curious.

thanks