Thread: AWT Long Range Precision Chassis (LRPC)

Private
    Follows
    Following

AWT Long Range Precision Chassis (LRPC)

Applied Weapons Technologies is a newly formed company bringing new and unique products to the table. Located in central Kentucky we're proud when we say this product is 100% made and assembled in the USA. The current chassis system for Remington 700 Short Action is in production with the long action version soon to follow. In the near future there will be models for savage as well.

Additional parts such as add-on free float forends, folding stock options, bolt knobs, and muzzle brakes will be available shortly. Our chassis is made from high quality aluminum with even better quality aircraft grade 7075 employed where extra durability is needed. Type III MilSpec 8625 Hard Coat Anodizing is used to protect the surface and provide years of every day use. All hardware as well as the mag release system is made from alloy steel and is black oxide coated. The mag release system is easy to reach with a small "wing" on either side for trigger finger manipulation. The stock itself rides on two 7075 aluminum rails and has adjustment for length of pull as well as cheek rest elevation. The buttpad mounting plate also has a minor adjustment for smaller shooters.

The front of the chassis has two holes on either side where the optional free float forends will bolt on. Underneath it has a standard picatinny rail milled for bipod mounting. On the model shown below we have a standard bipod adapter mounted with a 6"-9" bipod. The chassis system is very light while maintaining rock solid rigidity.

Be advised, they will include the chassis system only (buttpad and hogue grip included), but they will NOT include a bipod or bipod adapter, nor will they include an action, barrel, scope, etc. Cost is $795.

If you have any questions or would like to place and order please feel free to use the forums, or call at 270-299-1380.
    Wholesale pricing for vendors is available.

http://www.appliedweaponstech.com

Last edited by NonCompliance; 01-31-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Private
    Follows
    Following
    Bump to the top
    Last edited by NonCompliance; 04-02-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    Group buy in the future to boost your sales?
    According to the left wing zealots we have in politics, we're not supposed to judge all Muslims by the acts of a few "crazies".

But the acts of a few American "crazies" is enough to judge all Americans who own guns. -Thrusty

Private
    Follows
    Following
    I would be willing to do a group buy. I have had a few orders already so if you can get 10 orders by May 9th I will sell the chassis at a wholesale cost of $685 per. 20 orders will get it at $650 per. To those of you who have purchased after 04/04/13 I will include you in this and issue a refund of the difference.

Chassis included in the group buy are the Remington SA and Savage LA.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    I'd say the hold up on alot of people is the lack of the foreend and ar stock adaptor. On top of that there has not been a review of them yet by a reputable member of the Hide. There has been to many chassis come out that ended up crap after people bought them. That no one really wants to be the $800 guine pig to find theirself with a chassis that looks cool but doesnt perform. A review by someone they trust the opinion of would boost confidence for buyers on here.
    According to the left wing zealots we have in politics, we're not supposed to judge all Muslims by the acts of a few "crazies".

But the acts of a few American "crazies" is enough to judge all Americans who own guns. -Thrusty

Private
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dawson08 View Post
    I'd say the hold up on alot of people is the lack of the foreend and ar stock adaptor. On top of that there has not been a review of them yet by a reputable member of the Hide. There has been to many chassis come out that ended up crap after people bought them. That no one really wants to be the $800 guine pig to find theirself with a chassis that looks cool but doesnt perform. A review by someone they trust the opinion of would boost confidence for buyers on here.
    Soon enough I am sure one of the members who have already made a purchase will do a nice review. The forends are done and are being anodized. Hopefully I will have them in hand soon. The cad drawings will have to suffice for now. As for function I have personally shot three 3 shot groups, every group had all shots touching. Tightest group was .325" I used hand loads (175smk over 43.1gr varget seated to 2.810)
    Last edited by NonCompliance; 04-09-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Private
    Follows
    Following
    Bump for the week

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dawson08 View Post
    I'd say the hold up on alot of people is the lack of the foreend and ar stock adaptor....
    I guess I don't see those as being such a drawback, though it does make a difference if you plan on using it for a practical shooting competition.

Otherwise, it certainly looks pretty bad-ass and you know how the saying goes, "It's better to look good than to feel good." or in this case, it's better to look good than to perform well. :P Of course, I say this tongue in cheek, but there's no question that people will often pay well for looks as long as functionality doesn't suffer. And this is a looker IMO!

Follows
    Following

I suppose less material (metal) = lighter weight, but the extreme lack of a fore end seems a little funky to me. Less mounting options for accessories as well. Maybe not my aesthetic, but if it shoots well I suppose that's the most important aspect.

Follows
    Following

I have to say the optional fore end does improve the look, imho.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    I do agree. That bottom one in tan/sand/coyote/whatever really does it for me. It's probably a good thing that I'm cash poor at the moment.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

What is the additional cost if I were to purchase with the long forend?
    RIP SGT Mark Bradley 3/2 Scout Sniper Platoon

"You know, they say the WW2 guys were the best generation. Well, those who fought every war since then were the best of their generation. They went, they served, they sacrificed, and they fought like tigers. They were noble." -- Joe Galloway

Private
    Follows
    Following

Sweet looks like your local.

Private
    Follows
    Following

Nm haha. I'm wrong

Private
    Follows
    Following
    If anyone is interested in a group buy post up and we will see what we can get together.

Private
    Follows
    Following
    +1 I'd be interested in a group buy! Rem 700 SA.

Private
    Follows
    Following
    We will try this group buy again. This time I will do 10 chassis including fore ends for $920 each. That's a $75 off normal price. If you guys can get 20 orders together ill do $850 each. Or $145 off. 30 and up and ill do $800 each. This is for chassis with fore ends in your choice of black, fde, or od green. This group buy will end on October 1st. All orders and payments must be processed before that date.

Private
    Follows
    Following
    Well I'm in for one. All we need now is 9/19/29 more!

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Im in if it includes 700 LA
    8/18/28 more left!
    I don't see this posted in the group but forum yet? Might want to post there and let us know when you do!

Private
    Follows
    Following
    Didnt realize there was group buy section. A new thread has been started there and all new replies for the group buy should be posted there. Also there are specific details on the requirements in that thread. To you two who have said you are "in" please repost in the new thread so it is easier for everyone interested to keep up with.

AWT Long Range Precision Chassis Group Buy

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Got mine all bolted up. Hopefully send some money down it this weekend.

Can I pitch an idea? I actually really like it without the forend, but the area around the lug and under the barrel just seems kinda unfinished aestheticly. What would be idea is a type of 'cap' that is essentially just the very rear base of the forend, just to clean up that 'sticky-out-bit' that the bipod attaches to.

I'm going to stuff around on a CNC machine and see what i can make up, but you're gear is so nicely made, I thought it could be an idea as a cheaper alternative for those of us that didn't want a forend.

Private
    Follows
    Following
    A gentleman from a popular youtube video series entitled "sniper 101" has just released a full length video review of our LRPC that in my opinion is worth watching. It is incredibly well put together and has loads of information on our product. It should answer lots of the frequently asked questions that I receive emails about daily. It will also provide you with a more in depth look with shots from lots of different angles that pictures just simply dont provide.

I would like to add that I am in no way affiliated with the owner of Rex Reviews. He was simply someone who early on requested a chassis for testing purposes and ended up purchasing our product after a few weeks because he liked what we made. I do feel that he offers a very nice collection of long range shooting videos that would be very helpful to many levels of shooters from novice to expert.

Last edited by NonCompliance; 08-30-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by NonCompliance View Post
    If anyone is interested in a group buy post up and we will see what we can get together.
    I would be in for another one since I missed the first one for a savage short action 4.4 which works with actions with bolt release on trigger guard. I actually emailed you today you response was fast and answered all my questions.

Thank you,
    Mike R.
    Last edited by BigRso; 12-09-2013 at 12:18 AM.
    “A man of honour always pays his debts… and keeps his word”

Savage SA trued by (John C. Blauvelt, Jr.)
    Mcree Precision Chassis (skim bedded)
    Sharp shooter supply Comp recoil lug
    Rock Creek 5R 24" 308 Bisley 11:27 twist
    Rifle Basix sav1 trigger set to 2lbs
    Versapod 6-9"
    Badger bolt knob
    Warne 20 moa base (bedded)
    Bushnell Elite Tactical Illuminated BTR-Mil FFP 6-24x50

Private
    Follows
    Following
    Chassis will be shipping around the end of this month. Only 6-7 Remington short actions left and about 5-6 of the Remington long actions. 3 savage long actions and 3 savage short actions still without names and ready to order. After these are gone were running another batch and the estimated ship date for the next batch is around march 5th.

Private
    Follows
    Following
    Chassis are in stock and available for immediate shipment with the exception of Flat Dark Earth which will be shipping in a little less than a week. Right now we have 4 Remington L/A, 1 Remington S/A, 3 Savage L/A, and 1 Savage S/A left out of this batch. When these are gone it will be another 12 weeks or so for the next batch to be finished.

Private
    Follows
    Following
    All orders on this batch have been filled. Below is a list is what is left. Thanks to everyone from snipershide who ordered.

3 Black Remington L/A
    1 Flat Dark Earth Remington L/A
    1 OD Green Remington L/A
    2 Black Savage L/A
    1 Flat Dark Earth Savage S/A

LEAD TIME IS 10-12 WEEKS FOR ANYTHING NOT ON ABOVE LIST.

Private
    Follows
    Following
    We are now accepting orders for left handed Remington short action models.

Private
    Follows
    Following

Private
    Follows
    Following
    We have the following in stock ready to ship. All others are 8 weeks out.

2 Black Remington LA
    2 Black Savage LA
    1 Flat Dark Earth Savage SA

Private
    Follows
    Following
    We are currently overstocked on Black Remington long action and because of this we have chosen to offer 4 chassis at a cost of $875 each including the fore end. This is a $125 savings. This pricing is effective until Saturday April 12th or 4 chassis are sold, whichever comes first.