Thread: AR10 vs DPMS lower parts

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

AR10 vs DPMS lower parts

Is there a difference in the lower parts kits between Armalite and DPMS .308 lowers?

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Re: AR10 vs DPMS lower parts

I'm pretty sure that the DPMS uses mostly stock AR-15 parts with the possible exception of the takedown pins. Buffers might be different too.

I know for certain that AR-10's have different lower parts than an AR-15. Specifically these parts. Takedown pins, Bolt hold open, Magazine catch, Magazine release button.

Also the the buffer tube is different for an AR-10 carbine. It's about 1" longer than a standard AR-15 buffer tube. Carbine buffer is also different. Buffer spring is shared between the AR-10 carbine and rifle length buffer tubes but is different than an AR-15 buffer spring.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I was told that DPMS mags will not work in the AR-10. So it makes me wonder what else wouldn't interchange.

Beware the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

With some help here, I know there are a couple parts different from an AR15 lower. What I don't know is if those couple parts are different between an AR10 and an LR308.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe
    I'm pretty sure that the DPMS uses mostly stock AR-15 parts with the possible exception of the takedown pins. Buffers might be different too.

I know for certain that AR-10's have different lower parts than an AR-15. Specifically these parts. Takedown pins, Bolt hold open, Magazine catch, Magazine release button.

Also the the buffer tube is different for an AR-10 carbine. It's about 1" longer than a standard AR-15 buffer tube. Carbine buffer is also different. Buffer spring is shared between the AR-10 carbine and rifle length buffer tubes but is different than an AR-15 buffer spring.

I know you are correct. Most of the parts in the DPMS LR are the same as the AR15 with the exception of a few.

To answer Cerebus question DPMS LR mags are better than AR10 mag in my opinion, even the Knights Armament uses DPMS LR mags. That right there should tell you they are good mags!!
    Florida Keys Fishing Charters
    All types of fishing trips offered
    www.captaindougkelley.com
    954 480 7008

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

AR 10 bolt catch, pivot pins and bolt catch roll pin will not work on a DPMS 7.62
    myerfire