Thread: Spartan Precision Rifles and KMW Sentinel IMB

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Spartan Precision Rifles and KMW Sentinel IMB

The first time I laid eyes on one, I knew I had to own one. Terry Cross' KMW Sentinel Combat Stock was, from what I could tell, a work of art. A year or two passed and about the only manner I kept up with it was through the lucky ones who used it for their builds and posted pictures for everyone's viewing pleasure. I'm not going to lie, innocent jealousy overcame me every single time. I caved, and gave Terry a call one afternoon, and after a pleasant and insightful discussion, I was convinced that the Integrated Mounting Block (IMB) was perfect for my needs. The order for two Sentinels was placed. One was a KMW IMB SA and the other was a KMW IMB LA. The waiting game had begun.

Fast forward almost one year, and Brown strolled along with an unexpected package . This particular package contained a label from KMW. Excitement came over me. The two-hour-old Vasectomy procedure didn't hold me back from tearing through the boxes. All of my senses were in synch. I smelled, heard, felt, saw, and, finally, tasted pure awesomeness. Yes, I freakin' tasted pure awesomeness. The wife and boys expressed a WTF look as I glanced at them as soon as I realized I wasn't alone with the Sentinels. My initial impression of them, the Sentinels, not the wife and boys, was jaw dropping. Yes, I had shot OG13's Surgeon Sentinel .308, but it's different when you are the owner.

From the swirl camo finish to the ergonomics and to the perceived sex appeal, I quickly knew that for once I wasn't going to sell something that I had just received. And that says a lot about the Sentinels since many of you know that I am not one to shy away from selling anything that is in my possession. If I could sell my recently catheterized Vans Deferens tubes I would. I elect not to get banned, so I promise I won't list them for sale here; At least not anytime soon.

To the Bat mobile!!! Cough, cough…..gun safe. I dug into it and pulled the Spartan Precision Rifles 6mm Creedmoor. I untorqued the barreled action, dropped it in the Sentinel, torqued it and GRINNED as I proned out with it. At this point I empathized with Shankster and his love for fatties. I finally understood the feeling, man. Good Lord!

Now to the important question: Does the IMB work?

Before I go on any further, please let me state that I can't even begin to claim that I am an experienced shooter, an Operator, Mark Wahlberg, or tactical shooting pro, etc. I am just a regular dude who enjoys the sport of shooting and has a lot to learn.

Note: When you drop-in the barreled action, it has an initial loose and rocking fit, but it is eliminated as soon as you torque it to spec. Trust me, there is nothing wrong it. The barreled action in the IMB is rock solid.

Can I get a witness from the congregation (Stewart Scott impersonation)? OG13, far from a religious man, can attest to the effectiveness of the IMB.. The SPR 6mm Creedmoor was bedded in a Manners T2A, and the shot to shot difference between the T2A or the Sentinel IMB was, well, nonexistent. I had the same point of impact. I was dumbfounded. I removed the barreled action and torqued it again, and I had the same results; same point of impact. No shift, nothing strayed, nothing deviated, NADA. Group sizes were near identical if not better. How awesome is that? I then tested new loads using H4831SC (Cause H4350 has been sucking balls for me). My groups ranged from the .1s to the .4s. The point is that the Sentinel IMB is effective and repeatable. You just can't go wrong with it.

Do I recommend it? Hell yeah. Is it for everyone? Hell no. Was I lucky that it worked so well for me? I don't think so. There is a reason why Terry Cross is overwhelmed with Sentinel orders.

Cheers!!!!!

100 yards:

338 yards with Cold Bore Shot:

Last edited by Papagallos; 07-16-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Spartan Precision Rifles

Accurate Ordnance

SportOptics.com

KMW Sentinel

KRG Whiskey-3 Chassis

Private
    Follows
    Following

That is one sick looking stick. Makes me want a KMW now..

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    Papa,

I love your taste. Everything you come up with is a winner! I'm waiting patiently for my KMW stock......

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Wow. So the Integrated Mounting Block (IMB) allows you to bolt it up just like that? I guess there is no need for additional bedding if you are getting results like that.... Good shooting as well.
    -D

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    That stock sure is nice! How long did you have to wait to receive it?
    NRA/SCI LIFE MEMBER

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

KMW is the finest platform I've ever shot from...and unfortunately I do not yet own one...but I will.

Love the color scheme as well. One of my Surgeon Scalpels in 6.5 CM is currently in a McM A5 adjustable with that exact swirl. I really wish it were a KMW. I own 3 Surgeon Scalpels (2 are in AI folders and 1 is A5). I will change from the McM A5 to KMW at first opportunity. Congrats on an incredible platform.

Josh