Thread: Mossberg MVP 7.62

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Mossberg MVP 7.62

Any Chatter from you guys with connections / Shot show visits on the accuracy potential of these? I know Mossberg and Precision rifle are rarely spoken in the same sentence. But this looks like an awesome 600 yard and under truck gun. 18 in barrel, threaded with flash hider, takes AR 10 mags ... Now if only it can shoot.... Everyman Rifle: Mossberg MVP in 7.62 Review - RifleShooter
    Terror for Terror
    Combat Medic
    Do Know Harm

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    I like the concept here, one of the biggest selling points is that it uses Pmags, no more proprietary bottom metal and magazines. I am wondering how the barrel is held on, can you upgrade barrel in the garage like a savage? How is the bolt set up, floating bolt face?
    Last edited by ArmyJerry; 04-25-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    Hoka Hey

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

No Idea on the barrel but the Bolt is supposed to be almost a perfect clone of the savage except for the fluting and the addition of 2 small protrusions that strip rounds from either side of the magazine. There just isnt enough info out there yet in the general public spectrum, Thats why I was hoping to get some info here.
    Terror for Terror
    Combat Medic
    Do Know Harm

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

If it is assembled like the smaller 223/204 guns it uses a savage like barrel nut to retain the barrel. My 204r has been excellent in regards to accuracy, i can consistently shoot it quite well. My best group was @ .4" at 100yds with 5rnds. It will pretty consistently break .6" at 100yd if i do my job. It is def a surprising rifle, still trying to get blood on it the groundhogs havent been cooperating yet. hopefully today ill get blood

Private
    Follows
    Following

Well I have a .223 MVP and I love it, if the 7.62 is as good as this I am sure you will be happy