Thread: DTA SRS uni mount scope mount

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

DTA SRS uni mount scope mount

Im wondering how you guys like their scope mount, how does it accommodate for a 56MM scope like a nightforce? i like to see how much clearance there is between a 50mm and a 56mm scope dia. (please indicate your scope mount MOA)

Thanks guys!

F=m*a
    Follows
    Following

Re: DTA SRS uni mount scope mount

I've been running a 5-25x56mm in their 40MOA mount for years - fits just fine.
    -- Dogtown

"The truth should matter to you, even when it sometimes tells you things you may not want to hear. Choosing to lie to yourself because it makes you feel better just makes you delusional. Don't seek truth in comfort; find comfort in the truth." - me

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Okay, so im guessing if i use a nightforce in a 20 MOA there's going to be a pretty big gap?

Also how are you guys finding your scope height to use with a ballistic program?

Lieutenant Patrick
    Follows
    Following

I run an S&B 5-25x56 on a 20 MOA mount and it has PLENTY of clearance.

Good Guy List pg. 197,229,303,336...

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

The mount was built with the S&B pmII in mind. You will be able to run the 56mm objective with all the mounts. 20, 30 and 40. 50mm is a given.

Keep in mind, you are above the center of the bore with the SRS. Don't try to lower the scope because you "can", you will end up with a scope that is much too low unless you have a skinny face. It feels a lot like an AR as far as scope mount and height goes.

2.63" above the centerline of the bore to the center of the scope when using the DTA mount.
    https://www.facebook.com/DesertTacticalMunitions

However horrible the incidents of war may be, a soldier who is called upon to offer and give his life for his country is the noblest development of mankind.
    Douglas McAthur

"It's not just good, it's good enough"

SEMPER FI!

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

fantastic, thank you!