Thread: 300 win mag Remington

Private
    Follows
    Following

300 win mag Remington

I found a brand new Remington 300 win mag, 700 bdl, 26" fluted barrel, hinge plate, composite stock with rubber inlays for $550.00 on clearance at Cabelas. It was $700 before sale. I am just after the action for a custom build. Is that a good price or should I hold out for a better deal. I have been looking for about 2 months, and a used one is almost impossible to find cheaper than that. Any thoughts?

Private
    Follows
    Following

Re: 300 win mag Remington

Sounds like a good deal to me. That is cheaper than any new 700 that i have found.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Check out Academy sports they had them cheaper last time I checked. This however was 3 months ago when I was in the states.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I would say you have a good deal...been looking for a donor action as well, they seem to be running around 400 and up...and that is if you can find them ( more difficult being a lefty ) I finally got tired of looking and just bought me a stiller action to build a rifle.

Senior Chief
    Follows
    Following

If a long action is what you are after, I would get it. You may come across other cheaper donors (ADL etc) but the actions on the BDL's tend to be much smoother out of the box. Also the virgin bbl and walnut stock will bring in more money than a tupperware and non-tapped adl bbl.
    Always remember rule number one!
    HMCS(SW/AW)(RET)

STR
    Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Originally Posted By: Hntelk
    I would say you have a good deal...been looking for a donor action as well, they seem to be running around 400 and up...and that is if you can find them ( more difficult being a lefty ) I finally got tired of looking and just bought me a stiller action to build a rifle.

That was a wise choice you won't regret.
    Live and let live