Thread: Factory Clip slotted Remington 700

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Factory Clip slotted Remington 700

I picked up a remington 700 action for a build and realized it was built in 1962 and is factory clip slotted. Is this action more valuable elsewhere or do I build my 6.5 gibbs on it. The factory cartridge 30-06 Thank you for any info you might have.
    Downzero- "If you want cold facts, there are plenty on the internet. Google and read."

Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is like having a girlfriend and not sleeping with her so she will be in great shape for the next guy.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Re: Factory Clip slotted Remington 700

Were there alot of these early actions machined this way then.
    Downzero- "If you want cold facts, there are plenty on the internet. Google and read."

Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is like having a girlfriend and not sleeping with her so she will be in great shape for the next guy.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Re: Factory Clip slotted Remington 700

The slotted 721/722/700's are easily machined to 40X repeater/match rifle stripper clip slotted receiver configuration.
    Mill radius cut in top/front ring of ejection port.
    Mill radius cuts in bolt rails to captivate bottom of stripper clip(current 700's are machined).
    Mill LH top of receiver/ejection port.
    Mill RH aft end of ejection port to lengthen/dog leg/blend ejection port to shortened RH slot leg.
    Radius bolt body race way in fwd end/inside diameter of aft receiver ring to prevent bolt binding.
    Drill & tap #6-48 holes in LH side of receiver to facilitate open sight base on late model 700's.

Numerous LH 700's have been converted prior to the availability of LH 40X Repeaters.
    Keep'em in the X ring
    DAN

www.accu-tig.com