Thread: Sako M995 TRG-S question

Private
    Follows
    Following

Sako M995 TRG-S question

Before my question I would like to congratulate all you guys on your willingness to share your expertise with others. I have been a member here for a while but have not posted before. As an introduction, I'm a Brit. veteran now living in Canada and I am addicted to all forms of shooting.
    My question is;
    I plan to have a stock made for my TRG-S but my choice is limited by the need to fit bottom metal into the stock that accepts the factory magazines which is difficult to get. I am hoping that Tom Manners will be able to help as I would very much like one of his stocks. Is there a set of bottom metal available that will enable me to use AICS magazines? The rifle is in 338 Lapua calibre.

Google-Fu Master
    Follows
    Following

Re: Sako M995 TRG-S question

I think Tom actually quit making stocks for that inlet because of bottom metal availability. I could be wrong, but that is the last I had heard.

Josh

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Canuck,
    McMillan used to inlet but you had to buy the bottom metal, it was extra, and some other company made it but this was 5 years ago that I checked.

We'll have a solution for you in the next few months if you're interested. We'll be putting the TRG-S/M995 in our Whiskey-3 stock, using AICS mags. Thanks,
    Justin
    Kinetic Research Group, ltd (KRG)
    www.KRG-OPS.com
    www.kineticresearchgroup.com
    (Designer of Magpul Massoud rifle, formerly Justin J, member since 2004)

Private
    Follows
    Following

Thanks for the heads up Justin.

McMillan have quoted for an A5 with, as you say, extra for the bottom metal which presumably uses the factory mags. I have contacted Tom Manners and he is trying to source the bottom metal as I prefer his MCS-T4A to the A5. I haven't heard back from him so I assume that he is having some problems.

Will your Whiskey-3 be a drop in fit or will my action need to modified to take the AICS mags? If the latter, I can foresee problems with your "wonderful" State Department bureaucracy shipping it across the border!!! I am interested but I don't know if I have the patience to wait that long.
    Ivan

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Ivan,
    Ours is a drop in, like an AICS or similar. But like you said, it's a ways out. And McMillan makes a good stock, and people seem to like the Manners (I've never had one myself). The company that made the bottom metal used to be listed on McMillans site, maybe someone can chime in and help you find it to get that Manners. That would be three good options for you. Good luck,
    Justin
    www.KRG-OPS.com

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

McMillan says "our" bottom metal on their site. I could have sworn someone else was making it years ago.

This guy -http://www.rpsinternational.com/ claimed in Feb 10 that he had some at this link: http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...uestion-40927/
    www.KRG-OPS.com

Private
    Follows
    Following

Massoud, you are "The Man"!!

I just phones RPS International mentioned in that link, who are here in Canada by the way, and they have the bottom metal IN Stock!! I'm just waiting for an email invoice for the bad (LOL) news. Now I just have to get it to Tom Manners.

Ivan

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Ivan, I do what I can...
    www.KRG-OPS.com