Thread: Accurate-Mag question

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Accurate-Mag question

So to make a short story long I bought a short action Badger M5 DBM with the supplied AI 5rd mag. I wanted a 10rd mag and I worked out a trade for a new Accurate Mag in exchange for my AI mag.

The transaction went great and the mag is exactly as represented. However I noticed that there seems to be quite a bit of side to side movement with this mag in the Badger M5 system. As I recall there did not seem to be any noticable play in the 5rd AI mag that came with it.

Is anyone aware of any dimensional differences between the two brands of mags? The mag seems to feed well but there is quite a bit of play/rattle side to side when seated in the DBM.

thanks

john
    John M.

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Re: Accurate-Mag question

That is normal in the Badger DBM. You might want to consider trading the Accurate mags for some actual AI mags.

Custom load work-up and ammunition in your firearm
    www.DallasReloads.com

If they make brass and a bullet for it, I can load it. Contact us about any caliber and bullet for pricing.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Thanks Chad, good to know its not me. Looks like I'm going to have to post a trade and see what I can get. This would definately drive me insane in no time.

Does this happen in the AICS also?
    John M.

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Originally Posted By: BFDshooter5
    Does this happen in the AICS also?

Yes, the AI mags move side to side, too. I thought something was wrong when I first played around with the 10 round mags. The Accurate mags I have seen have had problems feeding.

Custom load work-up and ammunition in your firearm
    www.DallasReloads.com

If they make brass and a bullet for it, I can load it. Contact us about any caliber and bullet for pricing.

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I have had 3 accurate mags, with slight tweaking of the lips, they have fed just as good as AI mags. I just like the idea of not having to drill out the spacer plate from the AI mag, and having it welded up. Too much work if you ask me. Much easier to get the Accurate mag and be done with it.
    ”If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That’s ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?”
    Clint Smith
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Thanks guys for the feedback. I've posted it in the for sale section but haven't gotten any serious bites so it looks like i'm going to have to live with the rattle. Certainly a much easier thing to get used to than issues with it feeding.

i've got a couple of ideas on tweaking it to eliminate the play. See how that works out.
    John M.