Thread: The Lot Lizard *Range Report*!!!

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

The Lot Lizard *Range Report*!!!

Took the 6.5 Creedmoor out for the first time today, the rifles an absolute hammer...

The Badger action is smooth as butta, and the thing performs flawlessly, as expected... The groups aren't stellar, but I think they reflect well on what the rifle will do. I messed with it last, and had been shooting for 4 hours doing load development for other rifles prior.

I think next time out, I'll be able to sit down behind her and produce sub .5 MOA groups consistently.

Crappy cell phone pics b/c I forgot my camera...

Here's some targets

This was the first shots fired... The first two were sighting in the scope, then a 4 shot group of what was left in the mag.

This was the the first 5 shot group I shot

Next 5 shot group with 2 "flyers".... I need to check my form, b/c throughout the day, my "flyers" were consistently hitting to the right. Doubt it's a coincidence...

3rd 5 shot group in the middle, and a 10 shot group next to it. All 15 shots fired in succession, only stopping between the 5 and 10 shot string long enough to load the mag.

I love the new rifle, only thing I'm dissapointed with is the velocity (Avg. 2640 fps). I didn't think the 25" barrel would slow it down that much, but oh well.

I think GAP built me a winner here, we'll see how she does at HardRock this weekend!

Super Moderator
    Follows
    Following

Re: The Lot Lizard *Range Report*!!!

Wow surprised the velocity dropped that much in 3" from my 28" barrel. I get about 2810fps. I can't believe it would drop that much from 3" as Tony's barrel is a 26", I believe, and he is getting around 2790fps. We have Kreiger barrels on our. What barrel you have?

Don't worry though as you can handload and bump that up some if you wanted to.

Not bad looking groups though for a new rifle and factory ammo.

Congrats.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Looks like a keeper to me!!!! Easy on the eyes to boot.LOL.

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Bout time!

It shoots like a GAP, very nice!
    I AM A VETERAN, My Oath Of Enlistment Has No Expiration Date!

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Originally Posted By: Rob01
    Wow surprised the velocity dropped that much in 3" from my 28" barrel. I get about 2810fps. I can't believe it would drop that much from 3" as Tony's barrel is a 26", I believe, and he is getting around 2790fps. We have Kreiger barrels on our. What barrel you have?

Don't worry though as you can handload and bump that up some if you wanted to.

Not bad looking groups though for a new rifle and factory ammo.

Congrats.

Maybe I just got a slow lot.... I'll burn through it and heat it up some.

It's a Bartlein barrel.

I'm extremely pleased with the whole set up, I love the AI chassis' (even though I think they're butt ugly), and the BO action has exceeded my expectations. It's my first custom action, and I already want to swap out my Remmy action on my GAP .243 when it's time for a new barrel.

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Nice camo on the stock.... [img]<>/grin.gif[/img]
    matching mudflaps?
    If freedom was free, why doesn't everyone have it?

Resident Elder Fart
    Follows
    Following

Velocity is as much a product of bore friction as of bore length. Diameters, fouling, and bore finish are significant factors that weigh in on the velocity issue. We all learned this when moly came onto the scene.

Greg
    Life is more interesting when one keeps a neurotic cat... Greg Langelius

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Why speed up your handloads if these factory jobs are going less than half-MOA *when you do your part*?

If you're at 500 ASL, those things will still be doing Mach 1.193 at a thousand yards at 85 F and 50% humidity.

Why wear out your barrel faster if that one WORKS??? Keep your reloads a clone of the factory jobs. Simplify life.
    Nuttin' I say here makes anyone a client. I do estate planning and probates for those with $$, and bankruptcies for those who took honest financial hits. Legal questions off-line, please.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Very nice. Looks like a shooter. [img]<>/smile.gif[/img]
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Feral cats are God's version of &quot;Ballistic Gelatin.&quot;
    -Ghogs Nightmare

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Originally Posted By: Grump
    Why speed up your handloads if these factory jobs are going less than half-MOA *when you do your part*?

If you're at 500 ASL, those things will still be doing Mach 1.193 at a thousand yards at 85 F and 50% humidity.

Why wear out your barrel faster if that one WORKS??? Keep your reloads a clone of the factory jobs. Simplify life.

B/C if I don't want a 140gr bullet moving at the speed of a 180gr .308 bullet. I shot them both out to 1k this weekend, and was holding about the same wind as my .308 launching 185 grainers...

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Originally Posted By: JRose
    Originally Posted By: Grump

B/C if I don't want a 140gr bullet moving at the speed of a 180gr .308 bullet. I shot them both out to 1k this weekend, and was holding about the same wind as my .308 launching 185 grainers...

Koo.

You gots your reasons and they make sense. There's good, more than good enough, and BETTER than your other option.
    Nuttin' I say here makes anyone a client. I do estate planning and probates for those with $$, and bankruptcies for those who took honest financial hits. Legal questions off-line, please.

Online Training Member
    Follows
    Following

Nice groups. I can't wait for my GAP to ship.

It looks like you could have both your rings a little farther apart. Any reason to keep them together? I set my rigs up with them as far as possible apart.

-dan

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Naw, it's just a loaner scope until my SN3 gets built, so I just threw it on. Actually pulling it Monday when I get home.