Thread: Lapua 6.5mm 136 grain Scenar-L B.C.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Lapua 6.5mm 136 grain Scenar-L B.C.

Does anyone know what the B.C. is of the Lapua 6.5mm 136 grain Scenar-L bullets?

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Too new same as 175gr .30cal i guess best case for BC data is summer '13 but more realistic fall if not later i'd imagine .

Looks good though should be a big step forward for Lapua (175gr from my rifle worked perfectly ->155 were very picky and only worked well @2600)

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I have been shooting 155 Scenars out of my GAP .308 AR10 @2800 for quite a few years now. After testing a number of different bullets the 155 Scenars give me some amazing accuracy out to 800 yards (farthest I have shot them at).

The 139 Scenars also seem to outperform every other bullet I have tested out of my 6.5x47 bolt gun out to 1000 yards. They give me some ridiculously amazing accuracy.

Lapua Scenars have definitely proven themselves out of my rifles. Looking forward to see what their new offerings will bring to the table. I had a feeling that the -L bullets did not have B.C. data yet. Definitely will be fun experimenting with them.

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

I have high hopes for 175 too because i simply wasn't able to get 155 shoot at speeds required for 1km and had to shoot dual loads (185 <600) and 170 lockbase for long range. Dunno why 155 didn't shoot in my Tikka at over 2600 (here they grouped like 185 one big hole) but they were simply over .5moa regardless what i did. In Sako (trg) they fly great and its basically the same barrel (chamber and throat) just longer a bit.

175 looks very pointy and is quite long so BC based on form from Lockbase should be well over .250 probably somewhere around .260 (g7) if not more but we'll see.

Chief - Slappahoe Tribe
    Follows
    Following
    psinclair has been testing the 136 against the 139. Might give Pat a shout.

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    The Cross Timbers......or Yukon, OK, whichever blows your skirt up
    Ask and ye shall receive.

Lapua's New 136gr 6.5 Scenar
    "I'm your Huckleberry"
    -J.H. Holliday

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Guys,

Initial radar firing for several of the new Scenars is slated for mid summer, and we should have the data back pretty shortly thereafter. I'll be happy to pass it on as soon as I get the results, but you might also check our website, Home - Lapua from time to time. It will be posted there as soon as they get the data back.
    Kevin Thomas
    Lapua USA
    (660) 826-3232
    kthomas@nammoinc.com

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    Kevin,

This is awesome and I'm excited about getting them in my hands with a official BC. When can we expect to see these in retailers hands?
    POW>.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................................*PING

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

psinclair or senderoman should be able to give the answer on these.

If I remember correctly I believe Pat(psinclair) was thinking a g1 around .590 from what he had in his thread about them

VKC
    Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    BC G1 for 139gr Scenars is 0.615, G7 is 0.285.
    BC G1 for 123gr Scenars is 0.547.

Hope that helps with estimate.
    First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ---Epictetus---

Gunny Sergeant
    Follows
    Following
    The true BC for the 139 Scenar is .578 (G1). The old BC of .615 was corrected by Lapua and when plugged in to Shooter, gives perfect data out to 1100 yards which is as far as I've tested them.
    POW>.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................................*PING

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Any update on the Scenar L BC?

Never mind, found the BC here.

Products - Lapua
    Last edited by freeflight; 11-12-2013 at 03:35 PM.