Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Ammo and Components Comapny, What Do You Want to See?

Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ammo and Components Comapny, What Do You Want to See?

Modern Arms International has joined Sniper's Hide as a commercial sales member. We have a good selection of components and ammo in stock now:
    https://secure.modernarmsinternation...p-by-category/

But, we are also seeking input from members here for potential new products in the near future. What would you like to see?

1. Who makes your brass - since guys will want to know
    2. more bullet selection - very few of us still shoot .308
    -- 6.5mm 6mm would be a good start

I think your in a tough market with components since there are a lot of good manufacturers already around... I wish you luck since consumers always benefit from market competition !
    Bison Tactical Boulder, CO (303) 443-0718
    Firearms and NFA Sales
    Desert Tech - AI - US Optics - Leica - Thunder Beast - Feisol - Storm-Proof - Reloading Supplies
    Bison Tactical

Comment

Affordable ammo.

Not everyone reloads; possibly 2 lines of ammunition?

One line with premium brass for reloads.

Second line with decent enough brass or aluminum casing for non-reloaders at a lower cost.

I'd buy the 2nd line if it shot straight and the SD is decent.

Comment

Checked out your site. As herofish said, most of us have moved to 6 or 6.5mm in one variant or another. The fact that you don't have 6.5cm ammo is already putting you behind the curve for me. Those of us that still keep a .308 in the lineup are shooting heavier bullets than you're currently loading. Take a look at www.precisionrifleblog.com and see "what the pros use". From following caliber trends, their calibers tend to be at the cutting edge of where the rest of us will eventually go once factory ammo is available. I haven't gone to one of the 6mm offerings yet because I'm waiting to see which of them is going to get the best support in factory ammo.

I don't reload, so I actively research and seek ammo companies that are providing the best options in factory match ammo. As a smaller company you're in position to keep on top of the newest projectiles and respond faster to the market than the big guys are.

Keep in mind that a huge portion of us, even those that don't handload, chrono our ammo and do so each time we change lot #s. If you're not keeping a competitive SD then it's not of much use unless it's cheap enough for shorter range practice ammo.

The good/bad news is that we share a ton of information with each other about our experiences. If you bring a great product and meet delivery timelines word will spread very quickly that there's a new company worth doing business with. On the flip side, at least a few ammo companies have burned to the ground by screwing over members.

Welcome to the Hide gents, the fact that you're one of the vendors that's chosen to support the new/old Hide is much appreciated. I'm sure some guys will at least start off with some of your subs and give a range report in the near future.
        I am The German's spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by herofish View Post
          1. Who makes your brass - since guys will want to know
          2. more bullet selection - very few of us still shoot .308
          -- 6.5mm 6mm would be a good start

I think your in a tough market with components since there are a lot of good manufacturers already around... I wish you luck since consumers always benefit from market competition !
          Most of our brass is made by norma. The 338 is Lapua, and the 300 BLK is Jagman with our headstamp.

6.5 and 6mm cartridges are on the way, after we sell some of the current inventory of 300 BLK and 300 WIn.

Comment

Great news on the 6 and 6.5 offerings.
            If you haven't already, maybe post in the Semi-auto forum as well. There's always guys working on 300BO projects and looking for quality subs.
            I am The German's spirit animal

Comment

I will be getting a bunch of 308 ammo done up by you guys, looking forward to it
              Jake Vibbert-
              PREMIUM-AR500 STEEL TARGETS!!!
              ****Check out jcsteeltargets.com****

--2 Cor-5:17--

Comment

Originally posted by bogeybrown View Post
                Checked out your site. As herofish
                Keep in mind that a huge portion of us, even those that don't handload, chrono our ammo and do so each time we change lot #s. If you're not keeping a competitive SD then it's not of much use unless it's cheap enough for shorter range practice ammo.

The good/bad news is that we share a ton of information with each other about our experiences.

+1

Comment

any relationship at all with Southwest Ammunition ? I see your in the same general area, so I have to ask...
                  Bison Tactical Boulder, CO (303) 443-0718
                  Firearms and NFA Sales
                  Desert Tech - AI - US Optics - Leica - Thunder Beast - Feisol - Storm-Proof - Reloading Supplies
                  Bison Tactical

Comment

any relationship at all with Southwest Ammunition ? I see your in the same general area, so I have to ask...
                    Interesting.............................
                    "Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight," Psalms 144:1

Comment

Originally posted by EXTREMEPREJUDICE View Post

Interesting.............................
                      I'm doubting it.

Unless someone with a Type 10 FFL (that has had it since 2015) and an actual minigun attached themselves to people at a prior company that have outstanding liability to 100s if not 1000s of people and financial institutions.

Doesn't sound too likely; unless they're fencing the components that were already sold to people, or better yet, selling you the components people sent in and never got ammo made! lol

I'm doubting it, but holy shit if that would somehow be true lol
                      10. Panzerdivision - 23. Gebirgsjšger 'Bayern'
                      Hammelburg 1999
                      {KFOR} Veteran 1999 - 2001

Comment

Went to your website looking for 308 brass, 338 lapua brass, 6.5 & 260 brass, 6.5 bullets, etc. Virtually nothing in stock. Disappointing. There are 10 other websites I can go to for these comman components that will have them in stock..........

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but barrel length specs on your velocity numbers. At least in the .300 WM and .338 LM.
                          Long Range Hunting: Rbros (Defiance) .300 Win Mag / Broughton 28" LWLR Contour / NF ATACR Enhanced 5-25-56 MOAR-T / Manners EH1 / Trigger Tech @ 2.0 / Berger 215 Hybrid @2975 fps / Javelin UL Bipod

Competition: GAP Tempest 6.5 Creedmoor / Bartlein Sendero Contour / S&B PMII 5-25x56 H2CMR / KMW Sentinel / Jewell HVT @ 1.5 / Prime 6.5CM OTM 130gr @2925 fps / AW DBM / Harris Bipod

Comment

I like the sub-sonic 308 choices you offer, just ordered some to try out!
                            DW

Comment

No. We'd like to keep the thread we started on subject, about Modern Arms and suggestions for new products. We sold southwestern ammo some brass a few years ago, but are not associated otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Fursniper View Post
                                Went to your website looking for 308 brass, 338 lapua brass, 6.5 & 260 brass, 6.5 bullets, etc. Virtually nothing in stock. Disappointing. There are 10 other websites I can go to for these comman components that will have them in stock..........
                                Compnents are still in the works. The brass and bullet lines take a while to build. The 308 brass we have in stock is made for us by Norma.

Comment

Originally posted by 6point5CM View Post
                                  Maybe I missed it, but barrel length specs on your velocity numbers. At least in the .300 WM and .338 LM.
                                  Barrel length for the 300 win and 338 Lapua is 26 inches

Comment

Originally posted by deltawiskey View Post
                                    I like the sub-sonic 308 choices you offer, just ordered some to try out!
                                    DW
                                    Thanks! Which type did you order?

Comment

Originally posted by ModernArmsInternational View Post

Thanks! Which type did you order?
                                      I ordered the 220 grain sub-sonic
                                      DW

Comment

Your price on 338 is Legit!!!! Especially considering you're using Lapua brass. Excited for your future calibers. 6.54S, 6CM?

Comment

I'd like to see some 6.5 bullets and loaded ammo!

Comment

Originally posted by deltawiskey View Post

I ordered the 220 grain sub-sonic
                                            DW
                                            Great. That stuff is super quiet, and accurate. On an outdoor range, with a can, the target impact is way louder than the report. It also works great in 12 twist barrels.

Comment

Originally posted by OH58DViper View Post
                                              Your price on 338 is Legit!!!! Especially considering you're using Lapua brass. Excited for your future calibers. 6.54S, 6CM?
                                              Thanks, it is in stock, ships same day if ordered before 3pm, mon-thurs. We also will have a limited run of 300 Scenars up on the site today, and will have the Berger hybrid up soon.6.5 4s isn't something we have the sales to support yet, but it is a possibility. 6 CM will probably come after we have 6.5 ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 2c1fr View Post
                                                I'd like to see some 6.5 bullets and loaded ammo!
                                                Bullets are a ways off. Our first bullet will be a 125 FMJ for the 300 blk, followed by a 220 FMJ for the 300 BLK for use in subsonic rounds.

6.5 creedmoor loaded ammo will probably be the next major change to our lineup. We are considering using the new Nosler bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernArmsInternational View Post

Bullets are a ways off. Our first bullet will be a 125 FMJ for the 300 blk, followed by a 220 FMJ for the 300 BLK for use in subsonic rounds.

6.5 creedmoor loaded ammo will probably be the next major change to our lineup. We are considering using the new Nosler bullet.
                                                  there is tons of 6.5cm stuff out there. what about .260?
                                                  fake it until you make it
                                                  Thats gayer then two guys f*cking

Comment

Working...
                                                  X