Customized 10/22 *** Ruger + Kidd + Green Mtn + More
UPDATE: SPF to bogeybrown. Thanks!
Smooth and accurate, this heavily customized Ruger 10/22 is a great shooter. Here are the details:
* Ruger 10/22 Receiver ($150). "Old new" style finish with smooth silver paint. Painted, but nicer than the current "crinkle" finish. One hairline scratch on the right side that's mostly covered by the stock.
* Kidd Bolt ($100).
* Kidd Bolt Handle, Guide Rod, and Spring ($36).
* Kidd Bolt Buffer ($6).
* Kidd Captured Receiver Pins ($22).
* Kidd V-block ($22).
* Kidd "Complete" 10/22 Trigger Assembly ($175). This is a Kidd trigger job kit (trigger, hammer, sear, disconnector, and pins) installed in a Ruger poly trigger housing, plus a Kidd auto bolt release and a Kidd extended magazine release. I bought this unit pre-assembled from Kidd. No tuning or tweaking required. This is the cleanest single-stage 10/22 trigger I've every used. Very nice! [Note: The red 2-stage trigger shown in some of the photos is no longer for sale.]
* Green Mountain 17.5-inch stainless fluted muzzle-weighted barrel ($180). Fat and heavy, but balances perfectly. The "Bentz" chamber is outstanding! It likes almost any 22LR ammo, but it LOVES match-grade ammo. Surprisingly good with CCI Mini-mags and other high-velocity ammo.
* Black laminated carbine stock ($120). Has a wide channel for a free-floated heavy barrel. Nearly perfect condition.
* Custom rear tang added to the back of the receiver ($100). This allows for a second action screw behind the trigger guard (see photos). The stock was inletted and bedded around the rear tang for a rock-solid lock up. This is the best receiver-to-stock fit I've ever seen on a 10/22.