Thread: Customized 10/22 *** Ruger + Kidd + Green Mtn + More

Sergeant
    Follows
    Following

Customized 10/22 *** Ruger + Kidd + Green Mtn + More

UPDATE: SPF to bogeybrown. Thanks!

Smooth and accurate, this heavily customized Ruger 10/22 is a great shooter. Here are the details:

* Ruger 10/22 Receiver ($150). "Old new" style finish with smooth silver paint. Painted, but nicer than the current "crinkle" finish. One hairline scratch on the right side that's mostly covered by the stock.

* Kidd Bolt ($100).

* Kidd Bolt Handle, Guide Rod, and Spring ($36).

* Kidd Bolt Buffer ($6).

* Kidd Captured Receiver Pins ($22).

* Kidd V-block ($22).

* Kidd "Complete" 10/22 Trigger Assembly ($175). This is a Kidd trigger job kit (trigger, hammer, sear, disconnector, and pins) installed in a Ruger poly trigger housing, plus a Kidd auto bolt release and a Kidd extended magazine release. I bought this unit pre-assembled from Kidd. No tuning or tweaking required. This is the cleanest single-stage 10/22 trigger I've every used. Very nice! [Note: The red 2-stage trigger shown in some of the photos is no longer for sale.]

* Green Mountain 17.5-inch stainless fluted muzzle-weighted barrel ($180). Fat and heavy, but balances perfectly. The "Bentz" chamber is outstanding! It likes almost any 22LR ammo, but it LOVES match-grade ammo. Surprisingly good with CCI Mini-mags and other high-velocity ammo.

* Black laminated carbine stock ($120). Has a wide channel for a free-floated heavy barrel. Nearly perfect condition.

* Custom rear tang added to the back of the receiver ($100). This allows for a second action screw behind the trigger guard (see photos). The stock was inletted and bedded around the rear tang for a rock-solid lock up. This is the best receiver-to-stock fit I've ever seen on a 10/22.

* Tactical Solutions Picatinny Rail ($35). 15 MOA forward cant.

Total cost of the components is $845. Asking $550 for a local FTF deal or $580 shipped to your FFL. No trades, thanks.

Lastly, here are some groups that I shot a couple of weeks ago at 50 yards. (The scope was zeroed for CCI Mini-mags, so these slower target rounds went a little low.)

Last edited by DesertLefty; 10-02-2013 at 12:55 PM.

0369/8531
    Follows
    Following
    I'll take it. PM Sent
    We don't rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

Drink Better
    Rock Island Public House
    The only craft beer bar on the South Side of Chicago
    www.rockislandpublichouse.com